Gamers Thread

I've only played it with friends, so yeah, that's usually what we do. I feel like the cartoonish gameplay would severely detract from my ability to enjoy the story, though.

Playing Call of Chthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth. So far it's an astonishingly good realization of the atmosphere of Lovecraft's works. I'm up to the escape from the hotel, and it really does recreate (and even enhance) the desperation and terror of the escape in The Shadow Over Innsmouth. So far the game is 80% Shadow Over Innsmouth, 10% The Shadow out of Time (my favorite short story ever, by the way), and 10% general Lovecraft. So far I think there have been a few mistakes, generally involving them tipping their hand too early, but overall it's just amazingly good at what it does.

I want to play Borderlands so damn bad...but every store in the 3 states ive looked for it in have been sold out. Guess im stuck with fallout 3 a bit longer.

Console, I wish I had a good enough PC to run games. Hopefully Gamestop's stock will come in tomorrow like the clerk told me.

This is the first time that I've actually liked every new character. Finally, it seems like the Tekken series is taking martial arts more seriously and incorporating some seriously destructive techniques. Most of the old characters just have strikes and throws, but some of these new characters have actual breaking techniques that would do some serious permanent damage.
After spending time with each new character in practice mode, I've changed my mind. While I do like most of them and I especially like Alisa and Dragunov, Leo and Miguel really don't appeal to me. However, at least they're not as worthless as Marduk.

I just got Tekken 6 today. FUCK YES! Dragunov was my favorite in Dark Resurrection/Tekken 5, so hell yes...relearning him rules.
I don't have a PSP, so I never played DR, but as an Aikido guy, I definitely appreciate Dragunov's focus on locks and holds. Another thing that I really like about him is that in addition to countering high and mid attacks, he can also counter low attacks, making him the only character to do so. Alisa's move set of course isn't nearly as practical, but she's so much fun to play as, just because she's such a novelty character.

Getting back into Tekken really makes me yearn for an authentic Aikido character though, even despite the possible difficulties of implementing Aikido into a competition based fighting game. If given the opportunity, I would even be willing to do mocap and consultation for the move set.

Or Namco could just incorporate a comprehensive create-a-fighter and let us use our characters online so I could do it all myself.

I don't think any new character in the Tekken Series (by new I mean anything after Tekken 3, the greatest of them all) can come close to being as good as Steve...that guy is just kickass...and whoever said Marduk sucks needs to press X+O and then spam square or triangle...I'm amazed at my nerdy memory but it needed to be said

Does anyone here play Company of Heroes? I'd be down to play with you guys, but it seems only WWII buffs and masochistic RTS fans seem to play it..it's just too fucking complex and painstakingly difficult!

I have it. I beat the campaign mode and haven't bothered with it since. I'd be down to play you, but I have to warn you I'm not a fantastic RTS player.

I mostly ended up playing with the Korean guy due to the reach his kicks provide.
If you're talking about Hwoarang, he was the first character that my brother and I played with too and every match was just a race to see who could kick the other first. After becoming more familiar with the controls though, I now prefer characters with counter attacks and grapples, which makes defeating strikers pretty easy... just like in real life :lol:

EDIT: We were practicing jab defense in Aikido on Sunday and I punched two of my friends in the face :p

just finished playin deadspace, (scared me shitless)

the atmosphere and music was amazing, makes u feel like your there

graphics a 10:)