Gamers Thread

Yeah, I finally got a hold of a copy yesterday. It's pretty addicting, Fallout 3 meets Diablo 2 wrapped up in a eye-pleasing cell shaded package.

Tekken 3, the greatest of them all)

For me the best old one is 2, then Tag(Which is basically a tag version of 3 with 2's characters added in), then 5/DR. 4 Sucked balls. Need to pick up 6 soon.. it's just not as much of a priority cause I don't have anyone decent to play against anymore.

Fav characters : Ganryu, Paul, Nina, Lee, Law, Kazuya, Heihachi.

Those Taekwondo guys are too easy to counter.

Hwoarang rules. he's one of the most complex characters, cuz he has 4 stances with different movesets each, and many moves flow into other stances, etc.

see the sweet combos at 1:47 and 2:32, among others

Last edited by a moderator:
Hwoarang rules. he's one of the most complex characters, cuz he has 4 stances with different movesets each, and many moves flow into other stances, etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhjuT-Rgps4
see the sweet combos at 1:47 and 2:32, among others
He's really not that complex. Entering and exiting his stances is easy, and he really only has two stances with a right and left version of each. The moves may be different from each side, but it really isn't difficult to get accustomed to it.

Lei Wulong has a lot more stances though, all of which are distinctive, and most of which are not particularly easy to get into.

Plenty of characters have multiple stances now though, just not as comprehensive as Lei's.

Does anyone here play Company of Heroes? I'd be down to play with you guys, but it seems only WWII buffs and masochistic RTS fans seem to play it..it's just too fucking complex and painstakingly difficult!

Great game. It's not complex, just have to beat out the initial zerg of infantry men. We usually play Germans and the equation is simple. Build bunkers/pump out mg 42 teams to supress infantry rushes. Build pak 38s as soon as possible to stop tanks. Build tanks to steam roll the enemy. =D =D =D

Then again, there have been many a game where we've spent the time saying 'WHAT THE FUCK' at the computer movements. I'd be down for playing with you. Me and a friend have gotten pretty good at our coordination, though we haven't played in a few months. Doesn't take time to get re-coordinated with the game.

Dragon Age: Origins is fucking incredible. I have put so much time into it and I've only had it for like 3 days.