Gamers Thread

ok, ive been interested in a couple of games latetly; two apparently Open world Games: Mercernaries 2 and Crackdown, along with a game called Mirrors Edge.

Can anyone give some opinions on any of these?

ok, ive been interested in a couple of games latetly; two apparently Open world Games: Mercernaries 2 and Crackdown, along with a game called Mirrors Edge.

Can anyone give some opinions on any of these?

I don't know anything about Crackdown, but...
Mirror's Edge is all about running and jumping in first-person. I've heard it was pretty meh. My impression of Mercenaries 2 was that the non-linearity was completely worthless because the only thing you decide is what order to blow stuff up in.

I don't know anything about Crackdown, but...
Mirror's Edge is all about running and jumping in third-person. I've heard it was pretty meh. My impression of Mercenaries 2 was that the non-linearity was completely worthless because the only thing you decide is what order to blow stuff up in.

Mirror's Edge is 1st person...and it's motion sickness to the max lol...But still awesome...apparently there's going to be a sequel.

Crackdown is pretty awesome...replay isn't always there, but it's hella fun to send enemies flying thousands of feet with just 1 kick as you get stronger and stronger :)

Played the first Mercenaries game and loved it. Basically think GTA but in a warzone. Lots of fun. Expect the sequel is just bigger and better and more blowy uppy.

Never really understood the appeal of GTA tbh...gets incredibly boring after about 10 minutes.

Yeah, IV is fun because of the multiplayer though.
Without multiplayer I can't see myself playing for more than a few minutes.

Oh yeah, I remember my friend had the multiplayer mod for San Andreas and it was actually kinda fun. Of course, with that what was fun was the sandbox nature of the game carrying over to multiplayer, in that the game modes were largely improvised.

Ya, the ending is lame. It is not really an ending though. I guess the next game picks up at the same point. The game was fun and beautiful to look at but rather repetitive.

I played Tekken 6 yesterday and earlier tonight, but only used characters that I'm already familiar with. It's going to take some extra practice before I can get used to the changes they've made to some character's move lists, but overall I'm really impressed with the game. I played again with another later tonight though, but this time I only used new characters and I was thoroughly impressed! This is the first time that I've actually liked every new character. Finally, it seems like the Tekken series is taking martial arts more seriously and incorporating some seriously destructive techniques. Most of the old characters just have strikes and throws, but some of these new characters have actual breaking techniques that would do some serious permanent damage.
Assassin's Creed ending was not satisfactory. Fun game though.
I couldn't agree more. For such an innovative and fun game, it seems a bit ironic and unfortunate that the further into the story I got, the less interested I became in following the plot. All I really wanted to do was run around the roof tops, climb shit, and take out as many guards as I could, either through stealth kills or open combat.

So I've been playing more F.E.A.R. and have decided that the plot is actually fairly well done, but the horror segments are lame (and actually just kinda stop happening about 2 hours in). The environments are good but could really really use more variety. The basic enemies are awesome, but every other enemy sucks (aside from the ATC guys); the heavy armor guys and the mechs are lame because they're too shootery - you just shoot them till they explode. The flying things are just stupid. The ninja dudes are kinda cool, I guess, but it doesn't make sense that they don't just shoot you. You face troopers 95% of the time, though, so it doesn't matter.

Aside from that, the main problem with the game is the guns. There are only a couple and they're honestly pretty bad. They don't look all that cool and aren't that much fun to shoot (except the shotgun).

Also, I calculate that FEAR consists of 75% Halflife and 25% Black. This is a good combination.

If you dig browser-based games then I would love to see you join the game in my sig. It's a game I created myself together with some friends. We are not done yet but it's perfectly playable.

It's text-based and a mixture between sports management and rpg. Ask away if you have any questions.

There are hundreds of metal references in the game btw :)

www.pelantas.com

Never really understood the appeal of GTA tbh...gets incredibly boring after about 10 minutes.

I find the only people who say this are the people who spend all their time in game running around causing havoc and murdering bystanders. If you actually play the game through the story you will find that especially in the case of IV that the story is very well written and interesting.