Gamers Thread

I'll probably give it a look. When is it out?

Anyone here bought the resurgence pack?

Mathias, what's your gamer tag?

My gt is MuHThyus. And I refuse to buy the latest map pack...fuckin bullshit.

And Black Ops comes out later in the fall, I wanna say November even but I'm not sure.

And yes, WaW was terrible. The same company is running Black Ops and I'm hoping it isn't similarly shitty. Apparently, Infinity Ward has been fired for rushing MW2's release before they had fully tested it, which is unfortunate because they are superior to Activision or whoever is responsible for the multiplayer.

Been playing Mordekaiser in League of Legends... he's a lot of fun and has ability names are themed after metal.

Iron Man
Mace of Spades
Creeping Death
Siphon of Destruction
Children of the Grave

Mathiäs;9246805 said:
My gt is MuHThyus. And I refuse to buy the latest map pack...fuckin bullshit.

And Black Ops comes out later in the fall, I wanna say November even but I'm not sure.

And yes, WaW was terrible. The same company is running Black Ops and I'm hoping it isn't similarly shitty. Apparently, Infinity Ward has been fired for rushing MW2's release before they had fully tested it, which is unfortunate because they are superior to Activision or whoever is responsible for the multiplayer.

Also @STN: I just got the Resurgence Pack, probably won't mess with Black Ops after I read about the issues with WaW multiplayer. My buddy tells me the Resurgence is far superior to the Stimulus pack so I went with it.

Mathiäs;9246805 said:
My gt is MuHThyus.

Cool, just added you. Now we can play each other online with incredible amounts of lag!

Mathiäs;9246805 said:
And I refuse to buy the latest map pack...fuckin bullshit.

I looked at the preview, the amusement park map looks pretty great and it'd be fun to play updated versions of a couple of the MW1 maps.

Mathiäs;9246805 said:

That's a shame, I think Infinity Ward have done a pretty good job.

Also @STN: I just got the Resurgence Pack, probably won't mess with Black Ops after I read about the issues with WaW multiplayer. My buddy tells me the Resurgence is far superior to the Stimulus pack so I went with it.

How are you finding it? I'll be keen to give Black Ops a look anyway.

Yeah it is a shame that IW had to push it out so soon, leading to all those horrible glitches and bugs. The mulitplayer is great for the most part, now that everything has been sorted out.

I like the Carnival and Trailer Park. Fuck Fuel, it's a booster's wet dream. Not really a big fan of strike or vacant yet. Maps are too damn big.

Mathiäs;9247623 said:
Yeah it is a shame that IW had to push it out so soon, leading to all those horrible glitches and bugs. The mulitplayer is great for the most part, now that everything has been sorted out.

Yeah considering online gaming is always going to have that element I think it runs pretty well. Host migration probably works around 50% of the time. The main thing I've noticed is people hacking their rank & stats.

I like the Carnival and Trailer Park. Fuck Fuel, it's a booster's wet dream. Not really a big fan of strike or vacant yet. Maps are too damn big.

I liked both those maps on MW1. I don't mind big maps though. Overgrown was one of my favorites.

Boosting is the thing that drives me up the wall, and I was apparently on a hacked server today run by some boosters. I got level exp but no credit for any of my kills for weapon attachment unlocks. That's a new one.

Boosting is ever so much worse than just straight up hacking rank/stats. It directly ruins my gameplay. Very sick of coming in 2nd to a booster.

Edit:

I think the only big map I ever liked in an FPS was Blood Canyon or whatever in Halo 1/2.

I like the stock maps in MW2 excepting Wasteland,Quarry, and Derail, Derail being the worst. I haven't played the Resurgance maps enough yet to get a good feel for them, but Strike and Vacant both seem to be camperific.

Boosting is the thing that drives me up the wall, and I was apparently on a hacked server today run by some boosters. I got level exp but no credit for any of my kills for weapon attachment unlocks. That's a new one.

Boosting is ever so much worse than just straight up hacking rank/stats. It directly ruins my gameplay. Very sick of coming in 2nd to a booster.

I'm not sure what boosting is, do they steal your rewards or something? What shits me is when cunts use the tactical insertion tool to sit there and shoot each other until they have enough of a streak no tactical nuke the game. Drives me crazy. Tactical insertion was a fucking stupid idea.

I think the only big map I ever liked in an FPS was Blood Canyon or whatever in Halo 1/2.

I like the stock maps in MW2 excepting Wasteland,Quarry, and Derail, Derail being the worst. I haven't played the Resurgance maps enough yet to get a good feel for them, but Strike and Vacant both seem to be camperific.

Wasteland is a shit map. I have no probs with any of the others though.

Highrise and Scrapyard are really the only maps I actively enjoy playing. They are the only two maps where the action does not center in a specific area.