Gamers Thread

<bitchfit>

Earlier today: Plays Cataclysm beta. PvPing as Warlock, Rogue repeatedly ganks me. *poof* stab stab stab *dead*

Just now: Plays League of Legends. Playing as Vladimir. Akali repeatedly ganks me. *poof* stab stab stab *dead*

I continually maintain my unabated hatred of RPG devs and their juvenile fascination with stealth classes that can appear out of nowhere and near instantly end you. They already get to choose the terms of where/when/who they're going to fight. Is being able to essentially make other players implode really necessary on top of having stealth?

</bitchfit>

Earlier today: Plays Cataclysm beta. PvPing as Warlock, Rogue repeatedly ganks me. *poof* stab stab stab *dead*

I continually maintain my unabated hatred of RPG devs and their juvenile fascination with stealth classes that can appear out of nowhere and near instantly end you. They already get to choose the terms of where/when/who they're going to fight. Is being able to essentially make other players implode really necessary on top of having stealth?

It can be annoying, sure; but there are a lot of details you're leaving out regarding those encounters. Besides, it's not like warlocks don't have the ability to make life miserable for other players.

It can be annoying, sure; but there are a lot of details you're leaving out regarding those encounters. Besides, it's not like warlocks don't have the ability to make life miserable for other players.

Sure (Affliction at least, that's all I play) can be a PITA to healers in particular. But said healer can simply avoid me if they so desire. Being hard countered by Rogues is something of a unique situation because you can't very well avoid them. Warriors rock Affliction pretty hard too, but at least we can look around, see where the Warriors are, and simply fight elsewhere. =D

just finished Shattered Dimensions and it was a fuckin blast.. the best-looking and most fun Spidey game yet

I know this is old news, but the guy who has been developing DotA for the past what ever years is working with Valve.

Pretty excited to see what comes out of it.

Halo: Reach is actually really good. I never really cared for Halo before but this has been great so far.

It sucks...the weapons hit detections are garbage...and the DMR acts like a god damn sniper rifle from far range it's ridiculous. I'm a die hard halo fan, and I will play this game, but I think it's extremely stupid with armor abilities, etc...

Firefight is awesome as fuck though. And the Campaign was better than I thought it would be.

Shit, that's nothing. I was up till 4 last night building a huge mine and then clearing ground on the surface to build a settlement. Once you figure out the crafting recipes you will be completely addicted.

waiting for games is so fucking horrible, i want deus ex 3 and duke nukem forever right now but its so ridiculously far away; by the time they come out i'll be done with school and in summer again and thinking about that now is just pointless. on the plus side by the time i upgrade my comp for that i can probably play any game thats out now at max settings with still perfect framerate. nerd scoreeee

I know man, every time I watch this video I get hard, and then I realize that it won't come out for at least a few months(and most likely more then that)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know man, every time I watch this video I get hard, and then I realize that it won't come out for at least a few months(and most likely more then that)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUVLclPDCBE

yeah i don't understand why we torture ourselves, every time theres new info on a game i want i always watch the video trailer etc and it just makes the waiting that much worse. also checking out the new games on x360 and ps3 (which i don't have so is totally worthless) can't be helping my case much either haha

I've been addicted to Minecraft since way before it was even popular. It's one of my favourite games and it's only getting better and better with every update.