Gamers Thread

Started playing Minecraft yesterday. It isn't that fun, but god damn is it addicting. I'm currently building my grim snowy isolated fortress of doom.

173173.jpg

Cant wait

Well apparently it is, because the free to play version is completely fucking gutted.

I was just curious to hear a non-goons opinion of the pay to play version.

I am totally buying the Alpha Minecraft version! :tickled: It's too fucking fun to just play the free version.

It is absolutely worth 13 dollars, the free-to-play version is completely gutted.

Maybe when the final version is released it'll be worth it, but the alpha certainly isn't, and iirc that's the version people are buying right now.

Been playing Minecraft several hours since yesterday. Started with a winter map, which is awesome. First thing I made some stairs going up to a cave midways up a mountain, but now I have an overlook with roof going all the way around my mountain. Inside is a bedroom, treasure room, crafting room, and stairs leading waaaaay down into the earth past an underground river, over some lava, and then into a bunch of caves that are absolutely crawling with zombies, skeletons and spiders. After dying a couple times I just sealed the caves off just past the lava =P

Oddly enough this is the only game to have creeped me out in years. There's something so spooky about hearing movement when you're underground in a cave with limited light...and the lo-fi style somehow makes it creepier.