Gamers Thread

That does look awesome. I'd imagine you'd be a sitting duck if you were in the middle of a finishing move right smack in an open battlefield though.

I've read that you are rewarded with new finishers the more you use them, so you have an incentive to execute enemies now.

EDIT: @ TDR

Crystalis (zelda-esque)
Chaos World, really cool JRPG that was way ahead of it's time, but you'll need a translation patch.
Monster Party (awesomely weird platformer)
River City Ransom (beat-'em-up)
Gun.Smoke (shmup)
Section Z (shmup)

And if you've ever harboured a desire to play as a decapitated samurai's flying head spewing fire at naked zombie Sean Connery, you'll want to play Zombie Nation, also known as Samurai Zombie Nation.

I found Dead Space became boring and predictable after a few hours. At first the environments and monsters were quite creepy, but the game is just too repetitive. They have four or five really cliche tricks that they reuse in different combinations. Since it's not scary, all you're left with is a very slow, dull third-person shooter.

EDIT: @ TDR

Crystalis (zelda-esque)
Chaos World, really cool JRPG that was way ahead of it's time, but you'll need a translation patch.
Monster Party (awesomely weird platformer)
River City Ransom (beat-'em-up)
Gun.Smoke (shmup)
Section Z (shmup)

And if you've ever harboured a desire to play as a decapitated samurai's flying head spewing fire at naked zombie Sean Connery, you'll want to play Zombie Nation, also known as Samurai Zombie Nation.
Thank you :tickled:

Have any of you guys played Shadow of the Colossus?

I heard great things about it, and saw it gamestop for 20 dollars, didn't want to spend so much though.

I've played it here and there. It's a great game, a little different to what you'll be used to in other RPGs. But that's what makes it so good.

I've read that you are rewarded with new finishers the more you use them, so you have an incentive to execute enemies now.

Fuck yes.

Now I wish I still had my Xbox 360. Ex girlfriend took it when we broke up, so I took my games back and traded them in.

I haven't really enjoyed console games since the N64. It's probably mostly just a change in taste on my part, but I still think the quality has declined after that point.

Just hooked up my new PS3 with the Move shit onight. Seemed pretty damn fun from what I played of it.

Can't wait to get into Resicent Evil 5. I'm late on it, but I purposely waited until they had a better model out for PS3.