Gamers Thread

Its supposed to be really rare, my friend said he got it at a hole in the wall store and it was the only one they had for months. Its a great game everybody who bought it doesn't wanna get rid of it. Bastards.

If anyone owns Red Dead Redemption, I just thought I should let you know that two new costumes have been released, COMPLETELY FREE to download. It's called the Hunting and Trading pack if you're interested.

Gay. I'll post up the specs and see what people think of it.

• 16010561 X 1 - Antec Three Hundred Tower Gaming Case, No Power Supply
• 19010183 X 1 - Intel Core i7 870 Processor
• 28023218 X 1 - Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 ATX (Graphics card required)
• 37140549 X 1 - G.Skill RipJaws 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3 RAM
• 42050698 X 1 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 - DDR5 1GB 256 Bit RAM
• 22040371 X 1 - Western Digital Caviar Green - 1 TB
• 17040338 X 1 - Samsung 22 x DVD Burner
• 40080035 X 1 - ASUS Xonar DX 7.1
• 46060315 X 1 - ASUS Wireless b/g
• 34040466 X 1 - OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Power Supply
• 39090308 X 1 - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-Bit
• 39040500 X 1 - Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010
• 27021052 X 1 - LG 22" LCD display widescreen W2253TQ-PF
• 24020133 X 1 - Logitech Media Keyboard 600

600w is good but you might consider getting a more powerful power supply. Also since it looks like you're going all out for this purchase, why not get a blu ray drive? :)

Was considering a blu ray drive as well, but I'm not sure if I'll be using it. The thought is nice though. All up it should be about 1900 AUD. I'll be reviewing more options and do more research before I fully commit to buying one.

since we are talking computers here, does anyone know if cap cards work with laptops? I'm getting rid of my desktop so I can afford an Alienware laptop by January/February

Was considering a blu ray drive as well, but I'm not sure if I'll be using it. The thought is nice though. All up it should be about 1900 AUD. I'll be reviewing more options and do more research before I fully commit to buying one.
figured it would be quite a bit.

Tbh, it almost seems like an overkill considering the past couple years, things haven't really advanced, and the landmark to test machines is a game from 2007.

Although I'm sure the machine will last you quite a few years.

Undead-Nightmares-Four-Horses-Of-The-Apocalypse-Ride-Into-Our-Hearts.jpg

As if this game couldn't get any more badass, they're adding the four horses of the apocalypse!

Anyone playing Fallout: New Vegas? So far, pretty good but sort of exactly like Fallout 3 only more countryish.

I'm so tired of being let down by mortal kombat games I'm not even going to bother with this one.

I raged that I wasted 60 bucks on mk vs dcu....
I cant even put into words how bad that game is. Heroic brutalities? the joker shooting superman in the head with a pistol and killing him? Fuck right off.

Deception and Armageddon had IDENTICAL final boss battles... the fucking thing even exploded the exact same way in both games...

I'm done with mortal kombat... and it makes me kinda sad to be honest.

Currently downloading (no money to buy atm). I'm looking forward to it.

Yeah, I d/l'd. Works fine. I'm playing hardcore mode on hard difficulty and it makes it slightly more immersive, but even on those settings the game isn't all that hard. I like that the new weapons, a much greater variety of guns this time. The game is pretty playable as a straight shooter without VATS. Some of the new wildlife is incredibly annoying, though. The idea of a gang of Elvis impersonators called The Kings is fucking awesome.