Gamers Thread

WoW's combat mechanics, feel, and interface are very good. I question how much experience you even have with it. Probably just some kind of irrational bias.

No, no, and sort of. Played for 3 months around when BC came out. The game is "polished". That's about all the good things I have to say about it. It's brain-dead easy, and the graphic style is too cartoony.

three months :lol:

Honestly can't take your opinion seriously when you only played for a short time five years ago.

When it comes to MMO's, I think WoW has the most polish (this is not even up for debate) but the best end-game content has to go to Lineage 2. WoW is dead boring for me end-game since I dislike raiding and arena-style PvP. I think the greatest type of end-game content for MMO's is having clan-owned towns that can be raided by rival clans, as well setting up actual open-world clan-wars on paper (so you can "legally" attack rival guilds).

Anyways I haven't touched an MMO for about two years now. Sticking with LoL for the near future since it's less time-consuming.

I had fun with WoW during beta, Vanilla and BC period. I raided in top tier Aussie guilds up to Naxxramas in Vanilla and Sunwell Plateau in BC, I was okay at PvP and found it my weakest point. The pre end-game got "easy" because Blizzard started catering to casuals.

I stopped just after we killed Brutallus because the game took over my life, and I found myself getting bored after we killed Illidan even when we entered Sunwell (which was by far one of the hardest raid instances imo). I spent a shitload of time on the game especially raiding, to call it brain dead easy is really kinda ignorant.

I even came back and played Cataclysm and got up to lvl 85 and did some heroic raids with some old friends. Novelty wore off quickly though.

Still play WoW, but due to a shit schedule at work and an even shittier computer I can't actively do progression raiding :(

three months :lol:

Honestly can't take your opinion seriously when you only played for a short time five years ago.

How long do you think it takes to level up to max in the relatively linear path offered, and then start raiding in WoW and see that the mechanics are for kids? I guess you think WoW is "challanging" :rolleyes: Pretty sure we had this same argument years ago.

It's not the hardest game, but try to get a good group of like-minded people and try to defeat raid bosses. Which is why I preferred playing with 9 other friends who could pull their weight.

Sure, it's easy to press the same few keys over and over again. But knowing timings for proper healing, DPS or tanking is a whole different ball game. Especially in heroic raid instances. You get fucking baffoons who tend to screw everything up for the group in 25 mans. It's not rocket science though.

They need to make games more like Dark Souls though...

It's not the hardest game, but try to get a good group of like-minded people and try to defeat raid bosses. Which is why I preferred playing with 9 other friends who could pull their weight.

Yeah I was dragged in by a group of people who wanted someone with MMO raid tanking experience, so I didn't need to find people. They kept telling me to "just wait until you max and try the raids". I did, and didn't like it.

Sure, it's easy to press the same few keys over and over again. But knowing timings for proper healing, DPS or tanking is a whole different ball game. Especially in heroic raid instances. You get fucking baffoons who tend to screw everything up for the group in 25 mans. It's not rocket science though.

EQ1 raids have been tougher than WoW since the old world planes came out in 1999. THe only thing WoW is generally better at than all other MMORPGs is PvP, and I don't play rpg games for PvP play. If I want PvP I'll play Madden or CoD or something.

It doesn't even matter how long you played WoW, why would I want to purchase a new game that took a lot of aspects from it and just created a new world? It's just lackluster game development from this terrible industry. There's been tons of MMO's since WoW came out and none have succeeded, everyone signs up for a few months and then goes back. I can't speak for these new patches but it's the same thing...MMO's don't really have a lot of development and replay value unless you're just hooked, which everyone does for a little bit.

Going to go back to playing CS, the last real game to come out on the PC in years.

I attempted Everquest when I was much younger but I was too young, stupid and impatient. That and I also preferred playing guitar.

The gaming experiences I had from 02-04 in EQ were enjoyable to the point I don't think any game will be able to match it. It's not nearly as good now of course, with a relatively small playerbase and an overall lack of attention from Sony in recent years on itemization concerns and classic content, but it still beats WoW and WoW clones, which is pretty much every new MMO since WoW released, minus Vanguard, which SOE also torpedoed.

MMO games have always been gay and always will be. World of Warcraft is the only Blizzard game I don't give a shit about.

I just find the gameplay boring is all. Specifically though it's the implementation. It's always either a mix of some monotonous grind (kill 150 x; find 100 y) or the literal layout of the mechanics just plain sucks. I'm sorry, but clicking some icons with cooldown timers does not equal being fun in my book.

More power to those who like it, but it definitely isn't for me.

I'm really starting to get into Skyrim. Not being much of a RPG player, it seemed a little dauning at first, but now I can see why it's goty.