Gamers Thread

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z83wzJwrBK0&feature=share[/ame]

oh yeah..
daedric1.jpg

daedric2.jpg

Alduin was too easy :/. i just spammed Dragonrend and hacked him to death with my fire-enchanted legendary daedric axe.

alduin.jpg

alduin2.jpg

alduindead.jpg

Played through Halo yesterday (studying hard), and it finally clicked with me. Not a bad game, and I miss the days when games provided a sense of adventure...

Started playing Saints Row 3. Overall a good game, although I feel like they should focus more on the ridiculous over the top shit because the mundane stuff just becomes boring in comparison. That said, I can never go back to carjacking in GTA. Jumping through the windows is the only way to go.
Also: mind-control octopus bazooka.

anyone thinking of getting The Old Republic? i am.

Last edited by a moderator:
Played through Halo yesterday (studying hard), and it finally clicked with me. Not a bad game, and I miss the days when games provided a sense of adventure...

Started playing Saints Row 3. Overall a good game, although I feel like they should focus more on the ridiculous over the top shit because the mundane stuff just becomes boring in comparison. That said, I can never go back to carjacking in GTA. Jumping through the windows is the only way to go.
Also: mind-control octopus bazooka.

Haha the icing on the cake in Saints Row 3 for me are the wrestling moves you can pull off on anyone...I probably spent an hour doing that online with a friend...fucking funniest shit ever seeing a ton of gang members rage and come after you with everything they have just because you got bulldogged lol...

been playing the hell out of The Old Republic. it's a fantastic game, really immersive and great writing. the graphics are pretty for an mmorpg and the gameplay is fun and explosive. i find playing a ranged character more enjoyable though as melee controls are kinda clunky.

real teamwork is needed in some of the missions and i havent done that much pvp (leveling up first so i can kick ass) but i gave it a try once and it looked promising.

here is my character. she is a pale-faced, scarred, asian-looking cyborg working for the galactic republic (the good guys) but is actually evil and will betray them (i'm doing all the "bad" choices)

shinde.jpg

~25 hours into Arcanum and I'm not too sure about it yet. I like all the different elements that go into character development and just going around and doing random quests and exploration and stuff, but the story hasn't really gone anywhere interesting yet and the NPCs are pretty bland.

Negatory.

Home for the holidays with just my laptop. Trying to play Fallout 1. I fixed most of the technical issues, although there's a lot of flickering, but I can't really get into it. For one thing I just hate the perspective and control scheme. This perspective worked fine for Diablo 2 because you didn't really care what was ahead, you just needed to know what was in your immediate area so you could murder it. In a game like this it really bothers me. I have similar problems with the Baldur's Gate series. My preference is ultimately for first person, but failing that a movable third person camera works fine for me as well. Obviously that wouldn't work for a tile-based game, but man..I really want to get into this, cause it's obviously a really good game in terms of depth replayability, and atmosphere.

Here's a tip for Fallout 1, always keep 2-3 different save files running. The Glow, 'nuff said.

Negatory.

Home for the holidays with just my laptop. Trying to play Fallout 1. I fixed most of the technical issues, although there's a lot of flickering, but I can't really get into it. For one thing I just hate the perspective and control scheme. This perspective worked fine for Diablo 2 because you didn't really care what was ahead, you just needed to know what was in your immediate area so you could murder it. In a game like this it really bothers me. I have similar problems with the Baldur's Gate series. My preference is ultimately for first person, but failing that a movable third person camera works fine for me as well. Obviously that wouldn't work for a tile-based game, but man..I really want to get into this, cause it's obviously a really good game in terms of depth replayability, and atmosphere.

Have you tried any widescreen patches? I never used them for Fallout, but for the original Baldur's Gate it was a huge improvement just going to 1024x768 with Tutu, let alone something modern.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=12

LoL anyone?

Lands of Lore always.