Gamers Thread

Have you tried any widescreen patches? I never used them for Fallout, but for the original Baldur's Gate it was a huge improvement just going to 1024x768 with Tutu, let alone something modern.
I've increased the resolution and can see pretty far, but I just don't really like it.

my commando eats jedis and siths for breakfast. cryo/thermal grenades, armor-piercing/plasma ammo, rocket launchers and a huge fucking assault cannon... they can barely even come close :devil:

i've been playing LA Noire the past few days. the facial animations are fantastic and it's the first game where i don't feel compelled to have subtitles on. the game is getting repetitive though and i'm only about half way through.

I did that last year... and then my ex and I broke up, I moved out, and no longer had a computer capable of playing most of the games I got :(

Time for some Battlefield 3, though...

having a blast with my SWTOR commando

swtor1.jpg

swtor2.jpg

They are banning people like crazy for just fucking entering a high level zone at a low level or for selling items that they got for cheap and selling them at a higher price.

How did Alice: Madness Returns get such bad reviews? I had a great time with it. I love the art style and it's really fun to play. The graphics may not be outstanding but they get the job done and the little things like the physics for Alice's hair are incredibly well done. I noticed loads of people complaining about the old-fashioned platforming but this only added to the game's charm imo. The inclusion of the original game in its entiriety is an awesome bonus as well.

are you kidding? the Jedi Knight series, the SW:KotOR series were all awesome and critically acclaimed. and TOR takes it to a whole other level with even better storytelling, action and a massive world. not to mention it's the fakken Star Wars universe.

killing a huge ass monster with teammates
monster.jpg

speeding through Tatooine
speeder.jpg

That literally just looks like a WoW clone. Not liking WoW, I'm already unimpressed. It's just not my cup of tea I suppose.

That literally just looks like a WoW clone. Not liking WoW, I'm already unimpressed. It's just not my cup of tea I suppose.

With the exclusion of EQ1 (which I still play some), and VanGuard (which never got a fair shake), pretty much all MMOs are WoW clones these days. Which means they suck by default. S6Star Wars WoW is double the suckage.

WoW's combat mechanics, feel, and interface are very good. I question how much experience you even have with it. Probably just some kind of irrational bias.