Gamers Thread

Beat Arkham City. I felt the open-world elements were entirely unnecessary and parts of the plot were pretty much unintelligible to anyone who doesn't read the comics...but the gameplay was still enjoyable. I found it overall less interesting than Arkham Asylum, but a solid game.
I've been enjoying LA Noire, but I feel like they could have done so much more with this if they gave the player more freedom in investigating. It often feels like you're being shoehorned into specific solutions...takes the actual mystery out of it. The game can't decide whether it wants to be a mystery novel or a CSI episode. The only thing it clearly doesn't want to be is anything to do with film noir. Which is fine. That's Max Payne's thing.
From Dust is cool, you should all check it out. It's just cool on a technological level...the gameplay isn't particularly special, but it's fun to dick around.

It is objectively better than those god awful MOBA games that people shit themselves over nowadays.

LoL is bad but DotA is a lot of fun that takes a bit of skill and DOTA2 is looking good so far, plus they are the first type of games to go into the esports scene that requires a shitload of teamwork. Oh and MOBA is a dumb way to describe the genre considering it can describe everything from Quake to Starcraft.

yeah I feel the same way

What would be cool is if they made WC4 and acted like WoW never existed as far as the lore goes, although I'm sure that would never happen. Oh and if Interplay brought back Black Isle. There we go, now gaming is saved again.

good god i suck at KOF13. guess my fighting game skills are rusty with all the RPGs and MOBAs ive been playing. unacceptable!

Finished the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild quests on Skyrim. Dark Brotherhood was a let down after Oblivion, but the Thieves Guild has some excellent rewards at the end. Now to test my skill as a thief by robbing every Jarl blind. It seems like Sneak and pickpocket are overpowered/easier than in Oblivion.

Having another go at Bioshock. Is anyone monitoring Skyrim mods? If so, can you fill me in on the current state of affairs? I put 60 hours into one character and got kinda bored. I want to start another character, stealth-oriented, on a harder difficulty and seriously roleplay. But before I do that I want mods. In particular graphics mods - texture overhauls, lighting fixes, etc - last I saw there were several in the works. Other mods that fix bugs, add quests/npcs/places/etc, or maybe remove that line about the fucking arrow in the knee would be nice as well.

I've tried a handful of characters but keep coming back to two types.

1) Bosmer Archery/Sneak/Alchemy/Speech. Sniper fun.

2) Breton Conjuration/Restoration/1handed/Enchanting/Heavy/Shield. Wade into battle with summons.

After doing a bit of a search I'm glad to see there's a proper gaming thread in here somewhere, thought the one in the tech forum was the only one and was surprised at the lack of content. Anyway Skyrim pretty much owns my soul at the moment (despite having also picked up Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed last week). That game is enormous and even the glitches are often brilliant.

Sorry if oldpost is old but this is amazing

Last edited by a moderator: