Gamers Thread

Metal Gear Solid 5?

Last edited by a moderator:
The game certainly has beautiful environments and stunning graphics, but the main problem for me is that you're always in the same type of landscape, even though the topography is indeed unique. After 7-8 hours I started to find the environment a bit bland because I got so used to it. In Borderlands you have deserts, tundras, futuristic cities, djungles etc.
This is definitely true. I was really hoping the south island would at least be a bit different, but it really isn't. I feel like it wouldn't have been that hard to give each region a more distinctive feel and it would have gone a long way to making the game more interesting.

Another difference concerns the enemies. In Far Cry there's only something like 5 or 6 enemy types, while in Borderlands there are probably hundreds, and every one has its own strengths and weaknesses. This means that you constantly have to adapt yourself to new situations, which is really fun and challenging.
This doesn't bother me as much. I feel like the diversity of the weapons and the strength of the AI and stealth mechanics means that there's potential for an infinite number of tactically interesting scenarios in FC3, although I don't think that they're really using this to its full potential. Comparatively, enemies in Borderlands feel like enemies in Diablo - different colors and shapes, yes, but they're all meat pinatas.

I don't think the two really bear comparison, though. Borderlands is a loot-based action-rpg at its core. The open-world is incidental rather than a core feature, and it's debatable how open it really is. The game has far more in common with Diablo than The Elder Scrolls. Meanwhile, Far Cry 3 is like a shiny, polished happy take on STALKER. Apples and oranges.

The re-release of Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus is making me really wish I didn't suck at fighting games. Thinking of investing in a fight stick.

Well, the guy sure looks like snake and even crawls the same way. And ive never heard of moby dicks studios :eek: they seem to have pretty tremendous budget, the game looks phenomenal.

Got this bit of convincing info:

At last night's Video Game Awards, major announcements were rather thin on the ground. And while we're hyped about the prospect of Dark Souls II, one announcement trailer grabbed our attention, and the attention of internet forumites and rumour-mongers the world over. It is of course, 'The Phantom Pain', what we thought to be a new IP from a new studio could in fact be a new Metal Gear game.

It was everyone's initial thought when they saw the trailer for the first time, but when the Moby Dick logo popped up, it threw us a bit. And the absence of a Konami logo (or any publisher logo for that matter) is also odd.

But who is Moby Dick? Apparently they're a new studio founded by CEO Joakim Mogren operating out of Stockholm, Sweden, according to the company's website. Joakim Mogren, some keen-eyed conspiracy theorists have noted is also an anagram of 'Kojima' and M-'Ogre'-n. Project Ogre is of course something that Kojima Productions has had in the pipeline for some time. Mogren is also the name of a football club in Montenegro, which is where the opening of Platinum Games' Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance takes place.

Got some questions about NFL 13 as compared to NFL 11:

Is there a Gameflow system, or do you manually have to set up every play all the time?

You can still set up your own audibles on the line of scrimmage right?

I know these questions may seem strange, but I'm not overly familiar with the NFL games other than NFL 11.

Finished Gravity Rush today,I really enjoyed it.The best game i've played on a portable console so far and the ending has me convinced there'll be a follow up.Persona 4 Golden for the ps vita will be my next purchase,this sounds awesome.

Finally got around to playing (and beating) Vampire: Bloodlines. It met all my expectations as far as exploration, optional quests, etc go, but it petered out pretty badly towards the end in both gameplay in story. The combat was such ass that I just got bored and god-moded my way through the last few boss fights, and I never do that. Overall it was still a very enjoyable game and I got quite a bit of time out of it (~40 hours) but even with the unofficial patches and stuff it felt a bit incomplete.

^fuck yeah i loved that game, and finished it with every clan! i liked Tremere the most because they blow shit up. and i had sex with that crazy Malkavian slut.

Played Slender the other day, my first experience with Slenderman. Proceeded to watch the Marble Hornets youtube stuff. I will never play Slender again...

It's like, the parts in Amnesia that the dude was around scary, and then some.

^fuck yeah i loved that game, and finished it with every clan! i liked Tremere the most because they blow shit up. and i had sex with that crazy Malkavian slut.

I prefer the downtown club owner. I like the way she says the word "wad".

EDIT: I played Malkavian myself. I think I'll do Tremere next time, or maybe Nosferatu just cuz it should be quite different.

Upgraded my laptop so I've been on a bit of an FPS kick. Currently housing my way through Far Cry 3 and Spec Ops: The Line. Not sure which is my GOTY.