Gamers Thread

Yeah, the soundtrack leans a bit more in other directions but every single one of the 41 racers also has their own theme song.

Wartortle
Sandshrew
Venomoth
Diglet
Golduck
Tentacool
Onix
Scyther
Dratini, Dragonair

i'm missing these! tell me, which of these did you actually catch (rather than hatching etc)

and i have...
charmander
ekans (hatched)
pikachu
geodude
ponyta (hatched)
doduo (hatched)
cloyster (evolved)
voltorb (hatched)
horsea
starmie (evolved)
mr. mime (hatched)
vaporeon (evolved)

i'm close to evolving nidoran (male), paras, venonat, geodude, eevee again (well i could do that already but i'm waiting for a strong one)

Last edited:
Reactions: Phylactery
Wartortle (caught 2, 1 in my house and one in Manchester)
Sandshrew (hatched)
Venomoth (caught)
Diglet (hatched)
Golduck (evolved)
Tentacool (caught)
Onix (hatched)
Scyther(hatched)
Dratini (caught 2)
Dragonair (caught)

I've not even seen a Pikachu yet! I also wish I'd have started with Charmander or Bulbasaur because I've caught quite a few Squirtles but I haven't seen either of those 2.

*sigh* this sucks man. I've been sick since Tuesday and haven't be able to play since, so I'm pretty behind on most people. I hope I shake this soon. So I can go catch em all!!! lol

i started with a charmander but then caught another. squirtle does seem the most common of the three though. the one pikachu i've found appeared in my bathroom, got out of the shower and there it was!

Bought DOOM (2016), joyfully turned off the in game music, queued up my playlist (thanks to those who helped me out), started the game, and I have to say, destroying that first gore nest to the sound of Motörhead's The Hammer? Exhilarating beyond belief. I am presently rocking out to Bathory's Hades while ripping demon spawn in two with my bare hands and a shotgun. I think I can die happy now.

phylactery i want an update in the gamers thread of how you're doing!

Not much progress lately, I powered up to level 18 using a lucky egg. 62 in my Pokedex now. I evolved my first Eevee into a Flareon since I lack fire Pokemon. 2 minutes after I'd done it, a much better Eevee came along that I caught! Oh well, that can be my Vaporeon. Evolved a Sheldder into a Cloyster as well.

I'm not sure if you're aware (or if you care) https://thesilphroad.com/research but this webiste rates your Pokemon based on its combat ratings and stamina, so you can see which would be best to evolve (click on the IV rater at the top). Apparently the one that's the highest CP and furthest along the power curve is not always the best to evolve, because it might have poor base stats.

I'm halfway to hatching my second two 10km eggs and hoping for something good from those.

How about you?

i'll reply to this in a min but have you followed the olympic tennis today? djokovic crying his eyes out after losing to del potro lol, the williams sisters also out of the doubles.

Reactions: Phylactery
No I didn't know they were showing the tennis today, I need to look at the schedule!

That's great that Del Potro beat him, he's such a great player that rarely reaches his full potential. Maybe Murray will win Olympic Gold again?!

Strange that the Williams sisters are out, they have a ridiculous winrate in doubles despite rarely playing. Venus is definitely the weak link of the team, though.

gotta be murray's to lose now! del potro would've had a much better career if not for the chronic injury so i'm delighted for him.

already had the pokemon link bookmarked but thanks anyway, it's pretty useful. i'm at lvl 20 and 71 species now. new ones since my last update:
wartortle (evolved)
nidorina (evolved)
parasect (evolved 1 then immediately caught 2 in my house lol)
weepinbell (evolved)
tentacool (caught)
graveler (evolved)
electabuzz (caught)
jolteon (evolved)
flareon (evolved)
omanyte (caught)

still no sandshrew, diglett, onix, scyther or dratini/dragonair. not far off evolving a golduck now.

I have enough candy to evolve my Paras and Nidoran female. I'm not sure if I should wait until I get 2 lucky eggs at level 20 and save up a load of evolutions for then so that I can power through the levels. It's going to take ages to hit level 20 though as I'm only just 18 and out of eggs.

I'm jealous of that Electabuzz, my Golduck got destroyed by one at a gym - it got one shot by Discharge :(.

Oh I caught a Rhyhorn as well, not sure if you have one of those.

honestly i think between 19 and 20 i mustve caught like 100 pidgeys/weedles so you may as well evolve some stuff now lol. i don't have a rhyhorn, it keeps appearing on my nearby list though. my mum caught one nearby and also has a kabuto, lickitung and diglett that i don't have. my dad has lickitung and diglett too, and also has porygon, clefairy, grimer and machop. :/

So in the news of the real Pokemon games, shit is getting silly I hope there's a bunch of these reimaginings honestly. The little kid inside me just geeked at how cool these were

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: CiG
Bought DOOM (2016), joyfully turned off the in game music, queued up my playlist (thanks to those who helped me out), started the game, and I have to say, destroying that first gore nest to the sound of Motörhead's The Hammer? Exhilarating beyond belief. I am presently rocking out to Bathory's Hades while ripping demon spawn in two with my bare hands and a shotgun. I think I can die happy now.

The DOOM 2016 soundtrack is one of the most overrated soundtracks of this year when it comes to providing an "adrenaline-fueled" experience.

The DOOM 2016 soundtrack is one of the most overrated soundtracks of this year when it comes to providing an "adrenaline-fueled" experience.
Forget overrated, it's utterly loathsome. Ebola-tastic coagulation of Djent and dubstep sufficient only for jerking off single-digit IQ fratboys who's conception of "adrenaline-fueled" or "intense" boils down to the average CoD game's multiplayer replete with Michael Bay CGI explosions.

So in the news of the real Pokemon games, shit is getting silly I hope there's a bunch of these reimaginings honestly. The little kid inside me just geeked at how cool these were

View attachment 6306
View attachment 6307

If 4th head controls the tail, I'm guessing the two side heads control the legs, then what does the 3rd head who seems to be the happiest con... Oh. OH.

i'll reply to this in a min but have you followed the olympic tennis today? djokovic crying his eyes out after losing to del potro lol, the williams sisters also out of the doubles.

Are you watching this Del Potro vs Murray final match? It's pretty great so far. Fuck being patriotic, I'm willing Del Potro on because he's more exciting to watch. That forehand has disgusting amounts of power.

only watched the end, sry i care more about the athletics ;) i was kinda rooting for del potro too though. it's just nice for him to be doing so well in a south american olympics after all the crap he's been through.

Preorded this today.

r7snPGQ.jpg