Gamers Thread

Can't wait for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, it looks like a better version of Human Revolution.

Yeah, while HR was really good, it was heavily skewed towards stealth gameplay and it looks like that MD will focus on both with the addition of some of the skills we've seen in trailers and footage.

I like Human Revolution but a big problem is that the game world feels empty and sterile. I hope they've made Mankind Divided more sprawling with characters and secrets all over the map.

I've played it for 20 minutes and it seems good but one thing that bothers me is that ju get XP for taking out guards, just like in HR. That means you have to go out of your way to take out guards if you want the most XP possible when it sometimes would be more fun to avoid them completely.

Final Fantasy XII's PS4 HD remaster is due for next year, I almost dug out my old PS2 copy but I decided to wait for the remaster to come out before I re-play it.

Anybody else buying it?

I'll buy it if it includes the license grid (and other extras) of the international version that Pompey mentioned. I love that game and I feel it's really underrated. Its simple almost Shakespearean story is a nice change from all the apocalyptic devastation stuff of pretty much every other game in the series.

Edit: apparently it is based on the international job system version of the game so I'll be getting it.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
Stop genuflecting over your weeaboo Jap trash. I just downloaded AdVenture Communist because I felt like being a degenrate pinko bastard for the day.

So my favorite hack'n'slash game Titan Quest was suddenly given a massive update (10 years after its original release!) and rereleased as Titan Quest Anniversary Edition (free if you already owned TQ, otherwise on sale for $5 on steam and GOG right now. Expansion included.) It's a Diablo clone through and through, classic mindless hack'n'slash fare, but what puts it above other games in the genre for me is the gorgeous, entirely hand-crafted (as opposed to procedurally generated) ancient world setting. Just look at this gameplay footage of the Hanging Gardens:

This new update contains a slew of bug fixes and balance changes and also makes the game run better on modern systems and support higher resolutions.

EDIT: holy fuck there's a game speed setting. That's like the #1 biggest improvement they could've made to update this for 2016.

Last edited:
Just got back from playing Pokemon Go at a historic Fort with 8 pokestops all close by with Lures going all night. Ended up playing for 6 hours and caught all kinds of shit that I haven't seen yet. And to top it all off, there was this chick there who had the nicest piece of ass that I have ever seen in tight yoga pants... it was heavenly lol

Caught an Arcanine as an unknown CP that turned into a 1320, Caught Ponyta, Rapidash, Meowth, Persian, Machop, Kabuto, Scyther, Charmander, like 5 Pikachu, a ton of Oddish, Staryu, Electabuzz, Pinsir, Abra, Kadabra, Doduo, Cubone, Dratini, Ekans, Geodude, Graveler, Grimer, Growlithe, Magnemite, Mankey, Rhyhorn, Seel, Voltorb

I evolved like 15 pokemon on that night. It was amazing.

you prick, i want an arcanine. not to mention a growlithe, rapidash, persian (almost there), machop, scyther, pinsir, kadabra, dratini. guh.

how many species you got now dude? hit 100 yet?

No, I'm only at like 83. Haven't really had a chance to play much, but that spot was fucking incredible. Definitely gonna go back next weekend most likely.

it's lost a lot of users but it's still absolutely raking in the money apparently, way beyond any other handheld games. i still see people playing it everywhere tbh, but maybe that's 'cause britain is boring as fuck? they could've held on to more users with better design/updates though, it becomes a little punishing to the casual after lvl 20 or so (also the kids went back to school and the weather got shittier i guess). fortunately nothing can quench my desire to become a pokémon master.