Gamers Thread

Gold and Silver were really popular in my school in Sweden.

Speaking of which, did any of you actually play the card game?
I remember everyone collecting the cards, but no one took the time to actually learn how to play so we ended up gambling with the cards in the best way we knew how. Whoever threw their card closest to the wall won the other persons card...
Nah. In middle school, I was that weird guy who played Magic. :D

Yeah no one at my school actually played the card game because it was stupid and didn't make much sense if I remember!

We just used to trade cards. I remember the best one I had was a shiny Charizard.

Your rules sound hilarious and a bit ridiculous.

I thought about it, especially since I'm going on a long trip around a week after it releases, but I don't think I will. Too many things I disliked about the previous generation that have not been addressed from what I've heard. I'm starting to find the game series depressingly stagnant, every generation there's new mons, a graphical upgrade, new gimmicks that won't make it into the next generation, some minor polish and that's about all you get in the way of evolution.

It would've meant much to me personally if SM had at least
1) had some semblance of an actual endgame so I could face off against high-level rosters without having to go online. As a kid this was my biggest issue with Silver (which I played to death) and five generations later, they still haven't addressed it.
2) kept the goddamn DexNav from ORAS. That thing was amazing.

I base some of my skepticism toward SM on gbatemp's negative review of it, which is really the only prerelease review I would trust at all. Also I've heard the framerate on the old 3DS is terrible, which is what I have. This is exactly what I feared when the n3DS was announced - that the old 3DS would technically be supported but o3DS users would get shafted with terrible framerates on certain titles.

So who is getting Pokemon Sun/Moon or did the fad die with Pokemon Go?

It's never really been a fad for me... Pokémon go was cancer though.

I have it. Just started today. Chose Rowlet as my starter. Have 4 Pokémon lvl 12-16. Seems interesting enough so far. Most of the new Pokémon are legendaries though which isn't ideal to me. I do really like Alola forms and wish they did more than it seems they did.

The ultra beasts are Pokémon from another dimension I guess, which is kind of a cool concept I guess. No gym leaders in this game kinda blows my mind.

Current team is Rowlet's middle evo, slowpoke, magnemite, butterfree and that's it for now. Looking for a ground and/or fire type.

Oh and may use alolan golem too because rock/electric is cool typing.

Reactions: CiG
Hmm no gym leaders? How does progress work in the game then? yeah I haven't really skipped any generations so I see myself picking this game up at some point. Might wait for the rumored Switch edition since I too have an old 3ds.

Been playing civ 6 mostly

got it yesterday, already have about 17 hours put into it

not even that far, just trying to catch a lot of shit and explore as much as i can

liking it a lot so far

Reactions: CiG
Hmm no gym leaders? How does progress work in the game then?

You have to complete the island challenges to progress. I haven't spoiled them for myself too much so I'm not too sure what they entail. You do apparently battle the island Kahunas at some point though, which is similar enough.

Anyone that has the game have any sun exclusives for trade? Or Litten?

I got lucky and got a female starter so I can make infinite Rowlet if anyone needs one. I particularly want a female Litten and female whatever the water evos name is. If you want a female Rowlet in return I can breed a bunch and eventually get one.

Got tired of struggling and went on a lvl grind last night. Rolling with Salazzle, Magneton, Decidueye, and Mudsdale.

Mudsdale with Stamina is maybe the greatest in game physical tank I've ever used. Tons of Pokémon have multi hit attacks too, which can give him +3/+4 defense in one shot.

Oh and I got my first shiny in Sun/Moon today. Hatched a shiny Popplio. She's got a junk nature though so I think I'll use her on my team.

I've been SOS chaining trying to get a shiny Eevee, but instead find myself wondering if I should just catch this Eevee with its hidden ability...because then I can get a Sylveon with pixelate.

I haven't really read up on SOS chaining or even hidden abilities yet this gen.

I might play around with competitive after I finish the game and it becomes compatible with Pokémon box. I have a copy of pearl with every possible thing you could get, all legendaries, tons of shinies, and a set of all good nature perfect iv Ditto that at least at the time passed all hack checks. Buuuut it'd probably just be easier on an online sim.

Never got into all that, I play through the main story, try to fill out the pokedex, then stop

Don't blame you really. It can be kind of maddening anyway. Time consuming and then you realize the online game has a lot of luck and prediction involved then if your team doesn't work you have to start all over.

Yeah, I remember breeding for fucking ever in Alpha Sapphire, got perfect nature, perfect IVs ... on one pokemon that I spent well over a week on. I know why people just hack their stuff, but wanted to do it the right way.

I'd just like to be able to be able to do decently if I take my team online I suppose.