Gamers Thread

Oh Zelda is on Wii U too? So the few games that are exclusives are basically ported Wii u games? :lol: sad.

I wouldnt buy an ipad, so yeah. I'd say a PS4 is worth about $200-225. No way in hell am i dishing out over $300 for a fucking under-powered portable wii.

Is that a lot of money for you? I thought you had a corvette or something. It's more powerful than Wii and Wii U. The portability is nice, you can play it laying down.

You laugh but MK8 is probably the best Mario Kart to date and it has several extra maps and characters on switch, and better graphics. Zelda has a better framerate, and the control scheme is better imo. I skipped the Wii U so I'm glad they ported them over, no need to buy that out of date thing.

Last edited:
I feel like Pokémon is never going to get a non-handheld console game ever again, what the hell are they doing?

I'm running around the Hyrulian landscapes on Breath of the Wild thinking to myself as I'm climbing a massive mountain "how cool would it be if I had to climb this area in order to catch certain Pokémon who live at this altitude and in this environment" for real what are Nintendo doing?

That would be so awesome, a semi-realistic Pokémon adventure game would be amazing.

I feel like Pokémon is never going to get a non-handheld console game ever again, what the hell are they doing?

I'm running around the Hyrulian landscapes on Breath of the Wild thinking to myself as I'm climbing a massive mountain "how cool would it be if I had to climb this area in order to catch certain Pokémon who live at this altitude and in this environment" for real what are Nintendo doing?

That would be so awesome, a semi-realistic Pokémon adventure game would be amazing.

Yeah. I'd even settle for Pokémon snap 2. They already have Pokémon rendered in 3d with x,y and sun moon why not just give us an HD version of those, in a larger world. Oh well.

Reactions: CiG
Is that a lot of money for you? I thought you had a corvette or something. It's more powerful than Wii and Wii U. The portability is nice, you can play it laying down.

You laugh but MK8 is probably the best Mario Kart to date and it has several extra maps and characters on switch, and better graphics. Zelda has a better framerate, and the control scheme is better imo. I skipped the Wii U so I'm glad they ported them over, no need to buy that out of date thing.

What the fuck does my car have to do with how much i think a console is worth? Are you stupid?

If someone told me to buy a PS4 because of remastered/ported PS3 games(which probably still look and run better than switch games), id laugh in their face.

Pokemon is the one Nintendo series that I could see benefiting from a real VR experience.

Just got Disgaea 5 Complete. Can't wait to spend forever playing that.

What the fuck does my car have to do with how much i think a console is worth? Are you stupid?

If someone told me to buy a PS4 because of remastered/ported PS3 games(which probably still look and run better than switch games), id laugh in their face.

My point was you're acting like you can't afford it, it's really not that expensive in comparison to many things. It's a reasonable price for what it is. You could get 2 of them for the price of a smart phone for example. I don't think price is the real reason here.

The very first thing I said when entering this discussion was that the switch needs more games and they should have waited months to release the system, soo..

Pokemon is the one Nintendo series that I could see benefiting from a real VR experience.

Just got Disgaea 5 Complete. Can't wait to spend forever playing that.

Curious about that one, but also not sure about the game. Never played a disgaea and the videos I've seen the characters and voice acting seem like they might be annoying. The gameplay does look fun. Let us know how it is

The closest I've found to an immersion of creature catching and evolving in a 3D environment, non-handheld, is Spore, which is pretty old by now but anyone who hasn't played should. I would be thrilled even to see a reboot of that because it's definitely in my top 5 games of all time, one of the only things Maxis did that was excellent.

My point was you're acting like you can't afford it, it's really not that expensive in comparison to many things. It's a reasonable price for what it is. You could get 2 of them for the price of a smart phone for example. I don't think price is the real reason here.

No, im not acting like i cant afford it. I dont get what part of " I DONT THINK IT'S WORTH $300+" you're having trouble understanding?

I dont give a shit about smart phones either, i have an LG Tribute that costed me less than $50.

You bringing up my car again is very telling. Its a fucking $50-60 thousand dollar car bro. Stop acting like i drive some kind of rare exotic car. a corvette = one of the only true race cars that's under $100k. Shit, you can get a new base Vette for $50-55k... thats not much more than most of the shitty crossovers that are all littered over the place here. A ton of power and performance for the price. It is basically considered the cheap/poor mans race car in the automobile world.

Clearly im a guy who likes getting the most bang he can out of his bucks, so why in the world would i pay for an under powered console that currently includes a lineup of ported wii U games with its inflated price???? I would rather buy an xbox one and put it to use as an UHD player.

Tech is just saying he does want the Switch, but his concerns about its performance means he'd rather pay less for what he sees (justifiably so) as an inferior system performance-wise.

Understandable.

My point was you're acting like you can't afford it, it's really not that expensive in comparison to many things. It's a reasonable price for what it is. You could get 2 of them for the price of a smart phone for example.

Or if you know what you're doing, you could get 2 smartphones for the price of a Switch.

Off-topic I know. The Switch seems cool. I'd get one if I was more financially secure right now.

Tech is just saying he does want the Switch, but his concerns about its performance means he'd rather pay less for what he sees (justifiably so) as an inferior system performance-wise.

Understandable.

yea, i'll probably just wait for the price to drop and a few more exclusives(proper ones that are made for that console) to hit. I kind of do want a Nintendo system.

And man, they definitely need a trophy/achievement system.

Voice acting in Disgaea is definitely cringe-worthy. But the rest of the series is pretty much tits. One of, if not the best SRPG series of all time.

Voice acting killed the Tales series so hard for me in tales of symphonia that I've never even considered touching the series again. Is it that bad or less bad? I don't really have the stomach for any anime stuff.

Or if you know what you're doing, you could get 2 smartphones for the price of a Switch.

What kind of smart phones are we talking here?

I used to be like tech, didn't get a smart phone until last year. I legit needed one last year working at NASA though, and I'm glad I finally caved. Loads of cool apps and I use the maps and email features constantly. web browsing in your pocket. An MP3 player with tons of storage. A smartphone really is nice to have.

Some of the coolest apps are SkyView for space nerds, and MyRadar for weather nerds.

yeah, ive only had a smart phone for about 2 years now. Only apps i have on it are Clash of Clans and Untappd. I mainly use my phone for just phone calls. I swear if pagers were still around, i'd have one.

Does anyone else here play Clash?

Understandable.

It's not designed as a performance system though, it's for the portability and novelty of multiplayer games anywhere. Plus of course the Nintendo exclusives. My counterpoint that it is more powerful than other portable devices at that price stands. A more expensive tablet still doesn't have controllers or the level of graphics, or single screen multiplayer etc

havent played a Tales game.

But i remember it being pretty bad, there were a few good ones though(so many characters). But the layered gameplay is where it shines man, def worth giving a shot if you're an SRPG guy.

I hope the game has a demo or something. I like Tactics rpgs and I hate bad voice acting, I have to know which side will win out. I guess muting is an option.