Gamers Thread

Replaying Final Fantasy X. Honestly a great game if you can ignore and, in my case, mute everything Tidus says. Interesting story and I think the sphere grid is a more engaging and fun way of leveling characters.

Reactions: CiG
... props. 3 is the hardest imo(although a lot will say that title belongs to the first one), well at least form what i remember. Picked up the legacy collection when it was on sale for $5 last week. Been having a blast going through those games again.

Havent played any of the PS3/360 Gaiden games but yea i beat 2 and 3 when i was a youngster. I dont think i've beaten the first one.

I bought a $25 game the day before the summer sale started because I'm an idiot. It was 40% off the next day and it was too late for me to get a refund because I'd played it more than two hours.

Digimon World 3, I still play the shit out of that, as well as any Metal Slug game, Dark Cloud and Dark Chronicles, any Rare platformer like Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Donkey Kong Country...

I know you posted this ages ago but I've been reading through this thread to see what games I've been missing out on. Anyway, I fucking love Dark Cloud and Dark Chronicle and rarely see them mentioned. The latter is better in pretty much every regard, but I still love the former just as much.

Banjo-Kazooie is also one of my favourite games ever. I never finished Tooie, couldn't get it into it the same. I still have my N64 but
no functioning controller :(. Perfect Dark is another all time favourite of mine for that console.

I noticed you also said you've been playing Horizon: Zero Dawn. What's it like? I've been looking into buying it and it looks really interesting.

I'm currently playing Nioh - it's very Dark Souls inspired mixed in with some Onimusha (first two Onimusha games are great and overlooked it seems). Pretty good so far with a rather in-depth combat system. It's extremely punishing on mistakes.

Finally, fuck The Witcher 3 haters. Great game. Took me by surprise how good it was. Some really morally ambiguous and thought provoking decisions you have to make in that game.

Reactions: CiG
I noticed you also said you've been playing Horizon: Zero Dawn. What's it like? I've been looking into buying it and it looks really interesting.

Fun game in the typical way modern action adventure open world games are, interesting story but I didn't finish the game in the end. I just got a bit bored, I think I'm done with those kinds of games for a while now.

I am however really looking forward to this:

game-box_36.jpg

Reactions: Doomguy
Still need to play the first one, i purchased it a while ago but haven't sat down and got started with it since i know its a "time sinker".

Is Trine worth picking up? PSN is a sale right now and the Trilogy is going for $8. Thinking about buying it.

I just finished Trine with two buddies. Definitely recommend it if you have two other players, but I don't recommend it solo as it's simply too easy then.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity