Gamers Thread

I don't find Dark Souls to be particularly oppressive or unnerving. It's just a cool journey through a dying world that is often very beautiful even though it's falling apart.

It's sad how they built something so pedestrian as Skyrim (which I still like tons) on the legacy of Morrowind. Though the decline started with Oblivion, which I kind of appreciate for being its own kind of batshit:

(best part is at 11:15 or so)

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
Still been playing Ark. Wish I had fucking read up on some of the sea spawns because I made a badass house boat, like hella badass with a bunch of my shit in it, and it turns out there's a dino that only spawns specifically to attack boats whereas the other creatures hardly make a dent. Fucked my shit up. Started a new game.

This actually looks really fun and cute. Since I buy Switch games for my nephew to play when he is staying with me, I'll probably get this one.

As someone who has never played Dark Souls, but owns the Prepare to Die edition on PC, is it worth buying the remaster or should I just play the old version?

I don't mind paying a little more to play the remaster if it's actually good, since I've heard the Prepare to Die edition is kind of a bad port, but I've also heard the initial response to the remaster hasn't been positive.

The remastered edition is half price if you own the Prepare to Die Edition on Steam. I know the port was considered to be poor when it was released but I think they fixed all the issues with it. I never had frame rate drops, whereas my friend who had it on Xbox got huge frame rate drops in Blighttown. A lot of the issues were to do with poor controls on the PC iirc, but I plugged my 360 controller in to play it so never had problems with that. I’d recommend you’d do the same - I would never play it with a mouse and keyboard!

If you have the $20, the improved performance and the new matchmaking are valid reasons to buy it. I'm not sure if you care about the latter. They also added a checkpoint at a blacksmith that was annoying to get back to in the past.

I'm playing it on PS4 because I always play these games on PlayStation consoles because they're usually the most active. Sony also has multiple exclusive From Software games anyway. Since you'll probably be playing on PC, you wouldn't have to worry about me invading and bullying you though.

I wonder how the game-invasion stuff would even work for me since my latency with the rest of the planet is best measured in eons.

I logged into Hearthstone today for the first time in a month or two, just to get the limited time golden card pack.

They have some generous quest rewards going on too, but I just can't get back into playing it. Got too addictive before, and looking back on it now it feels like a big chunk of my life wasted.