Gamers Thread

Oh my fucking god the wall market section is beyond perfectly done. I am crying with laughter at every moment

I enjoyed it while I was playing but got distracted by real-life stuff and haven't picked it back up since. From what I have played I definitely wouldn't call it the best RPG ever, but taking it for what it really is (an isometric choose-your-own-adventure with skill points and a fair amount of meme humor) it's very good at what it does. Basically every NPC is memorable and distinct which is a rare achievement, and the art direction stands out a lot, but mechanically there doesn't seem to be as much complexity/interaction as there could have been, particularly with respect to the notion of it as a detective/mystery game.

lol FF7 remake
isn't even a remake, they totally changed the fundamental plot of the game. This is ass tbh. Calling it now they're gonna have Aerith survive.

Mind explaining, what did they change?

They've taken the game down some weird alternate potential timelines plot device path. There's the Whispers who exist to manipulate events to make sure they happen the way the original game happened (hur dur meta eg Barrett is killed by Sephiroth but is revived by them because that doesn't happen in the OG). I think there's a chance Aerith will survive the 2nd game because a big element of these fate-enforcing Whispers is that you're supposed to fight fate (hence that boss) and the fact they had Zack survive the fight with Shinra soldiers and carry Cloud to safety in some bizarre alternate timeline just gives me bad feelings. I also heard rumours they're going to tie this "remake" in with Kingdom Hearts somehow...

I finished the game but honestly have no desire to 100% it now.

lol i’m up to the aerith/sector 5 part and this has been my favourite bit so far, feels closer to the original in mood and has a few really challenging battles etc. i’ll probably sour on it again soon though

Alien: Isolation is 2 bucks on Steam atm. Worth it if you’re a fan of the franchise. Incredible game and it captures the first film’s atmosphere perfectly.

I've been wanting them to make a game with vikings since probably the second game. Definitely gonna give it a shot based on that alone.

Some of the previews I've read of the gameplay systems sound pretty damn cool.

They've taken the game down some weird alternate potential timelines plot device path. There's the Whispers who exist to manipulate events to make sure they happen the way the original game happened (hur dur meta eg Barrett is killed by Sephiroth but is revived by them because that doesn't happen in the OG). I think there's a chance Aerith will survive the 2nd game because a big element of these fate-enforcing Whispers is that you're supposed to fight fate (hence that boss) and the fact they had Zack survive the fight with Shinra soldiers and carry Cloud to safety in some bizarre alternate timeline just gives me bad feelings. I also heard rumours they're going to tie this "remake" in with Kingdom Hearts somehow...

I finished the game but honestly have no desire to 100% it now.
finished it last night and honestly i don’t mind them changing the story as long as they present it well and make it interesting (which they have so far)

holy shit they made every single boss fight in this game an epic badass experience, i enjoy getting game over’d and having to reconfigure my materia. love the battle system (except the dumb ally ai but i guess they want us to micromanage)

I've been wanting them to make a game with vikings since probably the second game. Definitely gonna give it a shot based on that alone.

Some of the previews I've read of the gameplay systems sound pretty damn cool.

Man same here, Egypt was my biggest wish at the time and I got that, then Ancient Greece which subsequently followed... and now Vikings, but honestly my biggest hope was it to be a Feudal Japan setting, just think how sick that would be for an Assassin's Creed game.

I LOVE the AC franchise man, been a fan since day 1, got the AC logo tattoo'ed on my shoulder and now I'm thinking of getting the AC Valhalla logo tattoo'ed on my wrist.

Reactions: CiG
I’m enjoying Jedi Fallen Order quite a bit. Playing on hard mode and almost every battle is like a chess game, can’t button mash, you need perfect timing, recognition of attack patterns, quick decisions to block/dodge/interrupt etc