Gamers Thread

With all this talk of Diablo III, I decided I'd revisit Diablo II. However I just went to do so and found that the install disk for the game has dissapeared and is nowhere to be found. :erk: Ah well, I'll just play the Playstation version of The Lost Vikings II instead.
I did the same, and discovered the same. Went out and bought the Battle Chest, so now I'll finally get a chance to play the first as well.
Having some fun with a barbarian.
I'd sign it, but the grammar is too embarrassingly bad.
With all the recent Diablo 3 hype, I've decided to give D2 another shot. It seemed much more endurable now that I knew beforehand that it was going to be monotone and simple and linear and all those other things, something I was unaware of when I first tried it. At best, it's a fairly relaxing game that requires little to no thought whatsoever.

Started a Necromancer yesterday. Been focusing mostly on summons and bone armor.
You gotta go for the golem mastery, corpse explosion, amplify damage, and bone lance. Skeletons are useless after act one, and you can just forget about nightmare and hell...if you want to create a character that will be viable, you need corpse explosion and amplify damage.

I did the same, and discovered the same. Went out and bought the Battle Chest, so now I'll finally get a chance to play the first as well.
Having some fun with a barbarian.

I could never get into the second on the way I was into the first. I guess I was just being stubborn but the first one just had the classic feel to it. I actually wish they wouldn't have made the graphics better, just left it the same.

I thought Megaman 9 was going to be for the Wii as a complete throwback to the original Megaman. It's going to have 8 bit graphics.

Oh, the new Castlevania game for the DS looks pretty solid as well.

Can anyone recommend some good action-adventure for the PS2 in the vein of Resident Evil 4, Devil May Cry 3 and God of War?

God of War II
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Maximo: Ghosts to Glory
Any Metal Gear Solid

I'm pretty excited for the new Guitar Hero: On Tour. Drums look better then Rock Band's. However I hope they can compete with the DLC Rock Band puts out. And I can't believe Rock Band II is already set for release in Sept. Ridiculous.

In an interview with Testament by the rock radio show The Tour Bus, the band revealed that two of their songs, "Electric Crown" and "Souls of Black", would be featured in the game, though only one of the two may end up being in the final version.

From Wiki. About Rockband 2. :kickass:

Well this is a good sign. At least they are putting more metal songs in, and not just mainstream stuff. Maybe soon we may start seeing some more metal shit. Like some Kreator, Morbid Angel, etc.