Gamers Thread

I've never found joypad-like controllers to be comfortable. They were okay for games such as mario, and tetris and other 2D oldies, but how people play those heavy FPS's and such on XBOXs and playstations is beyond me.

Keyboard and mouse ftw.

rts and fps on pc.
Adventure games also work pretty well with mouse and keyboard, tbh. For example, Overlord plays fine on PC.
Also, you can plug a gamepad into a pc, fyi.

BTW, I too am still stuck with FFXII, mostly because all my gaming time (what there is of it) now goes to Diablo II. However, I just bought a bunch of vinyl and my ps2 and tv is in the same room as the turntable, so I have to spend a day spinning Krokus and Dokken and playing FFXII.

Today I picked up Genji, Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 and Haunting Ground. All three games seem pretty dandy so far. Haunting Ground is a survival-horror game that I've never heard of before, but it looks interesting, and has a nice creepy atmosphere.

FFXII is still fun. I spent over 200 hours on that game, maxing it out. There basically aren't any problems that grinding to high levels can't solve, although I was able to get all the ultimate equipment

I'm interested in Persona 3 FES or whatever it's called. I could go for a new RPG one of these days.

Yes!

Get your arse to Perth for a FF showdown!!

Hell yeah.

In other news, I'd like to restate my thesis that all games blow chunks when compared to Diablo II, regardless of the game. Nothing comes close. Especially when my barbarian leap attacks into a mob, howls to freeze them, and then slaughters them all with frenzy.