Gamers Thread

The cow level? I think it stops giving good EXP at level 25 or something. It doesn't give "improved loot" but there's a ton of cows, so lots of drops.
Yeah. I'm gonna use the set players cheat, which makes the game spawn monsters set for multiplayer, meaning they have improved health and drop more and give more experience. That may help.

I've never really understood the role of set items(those green ones) in Diablo 2. I think I only managed to get one or two items from a certain set per game, but I could never find the rest. Do they give you special bonuses once you've found the entire set?
Set items are great. If you use even 2 at a time, they give you a bonus, plus they're usually great items in their own right.

Check which runes you're trying to upgrade. I think the highest level rune is 29 or 31.
I was trying to upgrade el and eld (level 1 and 2) runes...I'm in version 1.07, I realized, I'm patching to 1.12, this should fix that.

It looks good, but I'm concerned about the aesthetic. I've seen before/after screenshots implying that there'll be post-processing and effects added later that'll make it look like Diablo and not Titan Quest, though.

It looks good, but I'm concerned about the aesthetic. I've seen before/after screenshots implying that there'll be post-processing and effects added later that'll make it look like Diablo and not Titan Quest, though.
That's the only thing I'm worried about. I sure hope they don't do to Diablo what they did to Warcraft after Warcraft 2.

Well, again, there were shots with post-processing and it looked like it should, so I'm pretty hopeful. Besides, if it sucks Diablo 2 still fucking rules anyways.

diablo-iii-bridge-light.jpg

diablo-iii-bridge-dark.jpg

diablo-iii-light-radius-before.jpg

diablo-iii-light-radius-after.jpg

40382.img

Even if it sucks I'll force my self to complete D3 with each character and fuck around online. I 'wasted' the best part of 3 years playing D2 online. Haven't really played any games in over 6 months but I got hold of Anno 1701 the other day and it's pretty cool.

Wikipedia said:
The Necromancer has been dropped as a character class, but may appear in future expansions.
:cry:

I'm guessing that classes will be Paladin, Sorcerer, Druid, Barbarian, and Witchdoctor, but they might surprise us with a whole other class.

It looks like the game will probably be released next year.

Wikipedia said:
As of August 7, 2008, most of Act I is complete in terms of art and design, and Act II is underway. Four of the five classes are operational and at various levels of playability.

Those pictures with the processing to make it look darker and more grim are all fan done. They are his opinion of what the game should look like, not what Blizzard says it will look like when it is done. The game is going to look like all the "before" pictures.