Gamers Thread

Those pictures with the processing to make it look darker and more grim are all fan done. They are his opinion of what the game should look like, not what Blizzard says it will look like when it is done. The game is going to look like all the "before" pictures.

I'm aware those are fan images. My understanding was that the game would eventually look like that.
After further research, I'm getting worried. Looks like we may be getting Diablo 3: Titan Quest 2.

Seriously, I have a bad feeling. But I wonder if fans will be able to make a mod that will fuck with the texturing to make it look like those screenshots. I won't buy it if it's not dark, but if it comes out looking like TQ and someone makes a mod to make it look like diablo, I'd go for that.

Seriously, I have a bad feeling. But I wonder if fans will be able to make a mod that will fuck with the texturing to make it look like those screenshots. I won't buy it if it's not dark, but if it comes out looking like TQ and someone makes a mod to make it look like diablo, I'd go for that.
I hope that will be possible. It may be really hard to do unless they release the SDK.

Why do people care so much about how dark it looks? As long as I can make out what exactly is going on on the screen and the colors aren't fucking retarded I don't care. But you can just lower the brightness when you get the game anyway.

I hope that will be possible. It may be really hard to do unless they release the SDK.
There's a good chance they will, tbh.

Research for me involves the first couple articles on the diablo 3 unofficial fansite.

Why do people care so much about how dark it looks? As long as I can make out what exactly is going on on the screen and the colors aren't fucking retarded I don't care. But you can just lower the brightness when you get the game anyway.

Did you ever play the original?

Anyhow, by dark I don't mean that you can't see anything, I mean gr1m and kvlt and violent and shit. There should be bloodstains, corpses, shattered ruins, dead trees, etc, none of these fuckking rainbows.

Bloom lighting is the antithesis of everything Diablo stands for.

Its still a dumb reason to not like a game.
I take it then that you never played Diablo II?
Aside from being the best RPG ever in terms of game balance etc, it was also the best ever in terms of atmosphere. Everything, the plot, art, environments, etc pulled you into a dark and violent universe that was badass beyond anything WoW ever had going. It wasn't immersive per se, but you felt like a beast when you slaughtered a horde of Moon Lords or Death Clans and then looted their bodies as they lay in a mound of blood.
Basically, there's no excuse, this is a step backwards in terms of environment and aesthetic, if they didn't have the technology to do it right then I'd prefer that they didn't do it.

And if you think it's the only reason you've got the IQ of a garden hose, It's very possible that it's a sign of things to come.
Damn straight.
I really don't like the look of the barbarian, too bulky. He should look like a wrestler, not a sumo wrestler.
And wtf with no Necro? I realize that the witch doctor and necro have some overlap, of course, but in that case I'd prefer they axe the witch doctor. Necros pwn. Get rid of paladins, amazons, etc. And one new class is fucking lame. It reeks of "save it for the expansion." Not to say I'm not looking forward to this game, but when you release a perfect game I expect that the follow up is also perfect or near perfect rather than just an extremely good game, which is what it seems to be shaping up to be.

the dark feel to diablo is a huge aspect of the game, I still will buy it when it comes out but I feel it will be lacking a lot by not having that feel to it.

I like the dark feel but those screenshots are not that bad imo. As long as its not a pink fairy land I'm fine.