Gamers Thread

why you would want randomness in a game is beyond me. luck is one of the most bullshit things out there and it ruins a lot of games. Look at COD4, that game is ruined because of random acc. + random bullet dmg
If you'd ever played STALKER you'd understand. It's all about creating a feel of a run down post-apocalyptic world where nothing works right, so naturally having some uncertainty is part of that.

It's also a question of realism. Real guns don't always hit exactly where they should, especially when they're in shitty condition, and of course then there's recoil. All of this is allowed for in STALKER, along with realistic bullet physics (which allow for drop), creating realistic firefights.

Well guys, Spore is finally coming out in 3 days. We all know it's pretty much impossible for it to live up to the hype, but how close do you think it'll get?
I dunno, I haven't been paying attention for the last 6 months. How intense is the hype?

why you would want randomness in a game is beyond me. luck is one of the most bullshit things out there and it ruins a lot of games. Look at COD4, that game is ruined because of random acc. + random bullet dmg

I do agree that luck is annoying as fuck and it should be more based on skill. Like an attack shouldn't be determined by the game wanting it to hit. It should be by your ability. Thats why I like fighting games, you win or lose based on skill for the most part.

Are there any adventure games where the battles are as intense and skill-based as in fighting games?

I do, never said I didn't. I said I didn't like luck in a game, but didn't say I hated games with it.

So basically you don't like RPGs and good shooters?

In RPG's its standard for RNG, but FPS' shouldnt be. That's why CS is the best FPS ever made and now ruined by the shittiness of source. If I wanted realism i'd shoot a real gun, aiming at some asshole and missing is fucking gay. While he jumps spins with a 39 sensitivity on his mouse hits me in the face.

Also im fucked in FF9. In the last zone/city whatever and none of my characters have the body temp ability and this asshole burns all my characters alive. Now I have to run around to old cities and buy fucking body temp.

Recently I've been playing the last expansion of Heroes of Might and Magic V-Tribes of the East. Much better than Hammers of Fate; there is an alternate upgrade for creatures in all towns,new map locations and hero abilities, new campaigns and you get to play with the new Stronghold faction(Orcs). Too bad that the random map generator can't produce maps of Heroes 3 quality, although that's a minor issue, since there are so many fan-created maps.

I've also gotten Bioshock today. Haven't played it yet, just took a peek and it looks great. Hopefully it's as good as the hype around it.

My friend gave me a pirated copy of bioshock but the disc was corrupted. I was sad.
We're gonna try it again. I want play that game.

I wanna get an Xbox 360. But my Mom is pretty much the leader of the KKK against videogames.

I told some girl on my floor last night that I have GTA IV and she fell in love with me on the spot and has been randomly giving me long, drawn-out hugs ever since.

She also keeps talking about how we're going to cuddle and has been saying stuff about showing up while I'm taking a shower, etc, and I can't tell if she's joking or not. Anyway, she's pretty cute and has big boobs, so I have no objection.

I told some girl on my floor last night that I have GTA IV and she fell in love with me on the spot and has been randomly giving me long, drawn-out hugs ever since.

She also keeps talking about how we're going to cuddle and has been saying stuff about showing up while I'm taking a shower, etc, and I can't tell if she's joking or not. Anyway, she's pretty cute and has big boobs, so I have no objection.

Dave, is that you?