Gamers Thread

lol how is DA bad? 1 is an all time classic and 3 is arguably better

this is my first Witcher game tho i read it has the best combat, previous ones were said to be clunky

1 is decent, i enjoyed it enough but it is no where near "all time classic"
2 is outright awful
3 is mass effect in a fantasy world

I plan on playing through the franchise now that the third one's out and I have a decent computer again. Tried to get into DA:O before but I bounced off the combat. I'll give it another try though.

First, though, I have a couple years worth of shooters to blow through. Crysis 3, Far Cry 4, Dying Light, Metro: Last Light, Wolfenstein: The New Order, CODs Ghosts and AW, Battlefields 4 and Hardline, probably a bunch I'm forgetting. Plus Watch Dogs, GTA V, Sleeping Dogs, Total Wars Rome 2 and Attila, Thief, and probably a bunch more I'm forgetting.

In other news, anyone check out Hatred? Seems exploitative but potentially good for a spot of the old ultraviolence.

Thinking about getting away from most online games at this point.

1) Caustic and uncooperative people, particularly in MOBAs.

2) MMOs can be a great experience, but devs seem to put balance, particularly in PvP, near the bottom of their priority list. Even then if classes are roughly balanced, there is clear priority/nudging towards dev favored builds and playstyles. Why even offer options if they are going to be horribly balanced and not worth taking? It's pathetic and if the majority of their customer base were adults who wouldn't put up with their shit they would get their acts together real quick. As-is most people put up with it and don't even offer criticism so they have no incentive to step it up.

At least in single player games you need only worry if what you're doing is viable, not so much the comparative viability...

I agree. I had great experiences in EQ over time but at this point I feel like it's mostly on its last leg, and new MMOs all seem to be the same pile of uninspired crap in terms of gameplay, and you can barely find a group of what I would call "upper middle class competitors". That is, adults who play seriously but without the assholishness of SUPERUBER guilds.

I have been doing more pc gaming as of late. Really enjoying Men of War Assault Squad 2 among other things.

Anyone else play Dying Light? I feel like it's so close to greatness but it's a little too much like a Ubisoft open world game. Way better than their previous game Dead Island though.

Probably one of the best hype videos I've ever seen. Microsoft nailed it this year, with the announcement of Backwards Compatibility this holiday season at no extra cost. I think that alone will increase sales by a large quantity.

It's already available for Xbox Dashboard Preview members, but the current list of backwards compatible games are only Microsoft Published ones, which is understandable because we're testing to see if they work properly. But once it's available to everyone this holiday it's supposes to expand by the hundreds every month.

Last edited by a moderator:

Probably one of the best hype videos I've ever seen. Microsoft nailed it this year, with the announcement of Backwards Compatibility this holiday season at no extra cost. I think that alone will increase sales by a large quantity.

It's already available for Xbox Dashboard Preview members, but the current list of backwards compatible games are only Microsoft Published ones, which is understandable because we're testing to see if they work properly. But once it's available to everyone this holiday it's supposes to expand by the hundreds every month.

I want to know if that backwards compatibility will extend to the original xbox games the 360 was BC with.

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep starting games and losing interest after a couple hours. Anyone else get that? Not sure what to do, I want to play these fucking things but it starts to feel like a chore the moment I run up against any real flaws in the game.

I keep starting games and losing interest after a couple hours. Anyone else get that? Not sure what to do, I want to play these fucking things but it starts to feel like a chore the moment I run up against any real flaws in the game.

It's for this reason that I subscribe to Gamefly for things other than my favorite franchises.

Speaking of which, been enjoying competitive Pokemon for a while now. Been working on a new team since I choked at SLC Regionals back in May. It's shaping up pretty well.

I'd like to be able to totally immerse myself in a game like I used to be able to before fatherhood and school etc but it's nearly impossible now, and then when I do have to stop it's hard to pick up the same game again. I wind up wanting to just mess around with something else. I have a ton of games about 20% completed.

I'm the same way, unless I'm high in which case I get mega immersed.

Just finished my first play through of Valdis Story (a Metroidvania style game with an emphasis on difficult boss battles.)

Definitely loved every minute of it - except the final boss. It was an absolute joke of a fight that I managed to do on my 4th or 5th attempt :(

I need to get some weed so I can start gaming baked again. Fucking love it. Mount and Blade: Warband with the Clash of Kings mod while stoned constitutes some of my favorite gaming memories.

Amazing game. I recently started a new character with Floris Mod to try something new. It is sad that the series is not more well known, but it is not shiny enough for AAA title sales.

I have a feeling that I won't enjoy Arkham Knight when I'm already tired of Arkham City. It looks like the same game plus that car, but the car thing also feels like something I have played 100 times before.

I still haven't bought Far Cry 4 for the same reason, it looks exactly like Far Cry 3 with better graphics, a different location and some new gimmicky gameplay elements.