Gamers Thread

I have a feeling that I won't enjoy Arkham Knight when I'm already tired of Arkham City. It looks like the same game plus that car, but the car thing also feels like something I have played 100 times before.

I still haven't bought Far Cry 4 for the same reason, it looks exactly like Far Cry 3 with better graphics, a different location and some new gimmicky gameplay elements.

I actually picked up Arkham Knight and it's actually pretty fucking good.

I'm not much of a super hero fan, with Batman being an exception, and the idea of a Batman video game isn't very appealing. I enjoyed Batman Returns for the NES though :lol:

I picked up quite a few older titles during the Steam summer sale. I picked up Banished for $5 as apparently the developer has sort of dropped it, but the mod community is doing some amazing things with it. Colonial Charter plus some other odds and ends and this thing is goddamn addictive if you like city planner, production chain management, etc.

Also been playing Men of War: Assault Squad 2 a fair amount.

Amazing game. I recently started a new character with Floris Mod to try something new. It is sad that the series is not more well known, but it is not shiny enough for AAA title sales.

Pretty stoked for Bannerlord. Definitely gonna lose a few days to that.

I'm not much of a super hero fan, with Batman being an exception, and the idea of a Batman video game isn't very appealing. I enjoyed Batman Returns for the NES though :lol:

Man you have to play the batman games made by Rocksteady. They are so good.

I've already 100% the game, I was recording my New Game+ playthrough, but I forgot to start recording at the beginning, basically Scarecrow threatened to use a chemical weapon known as his Fear Toxin to consume gotham after using a small sample in a Diner. Now the city is pretty much deserted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually picked up Arkham Knight and it's actually pretty fucking good.

In hindsight it's a good game I guess. I wrote that right before I got the new suit and at that stage it really does feel exactly like Arkham City. I don't think it's worth the full price though.

Hitman 6 comes in december and it's supposed to be like Blood Money, hell yes.

i've been playing solely on the office map on counter strike source nearly every day for several years. i have 2200 hours playtime and it's almost all on that one map. i have a problem.

I'm really looking forward to Dragon Quest XI. 30 years in and this series still hasn't deviated from the elements that made it great in the first place. I think the dual-screen function and the different type of encounters that you will have depending on the control scheme in the 3DS version warrants a double purchase.

That's all assuming that it comes to the United States.

i'm sure its merits as a *game* are debatable, but as an experience THE WOLF AMONG US was totally fucking incredible. i just wish it was a hundred times longer. reminds me i need to start reading a shit ton more graphic novels as it has the potential to be my favourite medium.

So my old original Xbox bit the dust, and in doing research on how to revive and/or sort of archive the stuff, it appears its much more labor intensive an expensive than it's worth for the handful of decent games that weren't backwards compatible. Such a shame, and I'm afraid the same situation will occur with the 360 within the next 2-4 years. Part of the reason I never did have a grand affinity for consoles. At least the NES was easily emulated, but it doesn't appear modern consoles ever will be.

So my old original Xbox bit the dust, and in doing research on how to revive and/or sort of archive the stuff, it appears its much more labor intensive an expensive than it's worth for the handful of decent games that weren't backwards compatible. Such a shame, and I'm afraid the same situation will occur with the 360 within the next 2-4 years. Part of the reason I never did have a grand affinity for consoles. At least the NES was easily emulated, but it doesn't appear modern consoles ever will be.

Yeah but the majority of the 360 games will be backwards compatible with the Xbox One eventually, it's just up to the publishers if they allow it, but I get what you're saying.

Yeah but the majority of the 360 games will be backwards compatible with the Xbox One eventually, it's just up to the publishers if they allow it, but I get what you're saying.

But they won't be doing the backwards thing with Original Xbox games on XBOne. I dislike losing access to older classics. I am hoping that the 360 remains supported for much longer, or that maybe MS eventually moves to port things to a universal platform accessible by all Windows devices. I mean, at least with PC you can still even play old DOS games with a little knowhow.