Gamers Thread

yeah the game is boring me to death tbh. Might have something to do with me taking a break for a few months and trying to jump back in though. I just hate not finishing games up so im pretty much forcing myself now. Definitely not touching the sequel.

Got my pre-order in for RDR2. Gotta finish another playthrough of DA:Origins within.... Two weeks to get on it ASAP.

I'm preparing myself for trying not to expect RDR1, especially the plain ol' magical feeling of playing a western rpg for the first time. This second can't fly on that alone. But all initial reports seem to indicate it has plenty of independent feet to stand on.

Anyone playing Magic Arena? I've always been interested in MtG but I've never been able to play it because I've got no one to play paper magic with and it's too expensive, anyhow. But now with Arena it finally has a digital client with pricing that's acceptable and I'm pretty damn happy with it. Been playing it like crazy since it went into open beta.

@Phylactery Why don't you get off Hearthstone and play a good collectible card game?

Been revisiting the PS2 era GTAs. Vice City has NOT aged well at all and is almost completely unplayable. I still enjoy the other two a fair bit.

Finishing up Chapter 2 of Red Dead Redemption 2.

So far very fun game, never really played any of the GTAs or the original Red Dead so this is my first time playing a rockstar game. Well worth my $60.

Only two complains I have are, I don't like that sometimes the mission log doesn't display your current quest, so if I wasn't paying attention during the cut scene I'm lost as to what I'm doing.

And when I make a save and load from it I get alert after a couple minutes that pauses the game and wants me to hit ok to overwrite the autosave, it's super annoying, but only does that once per game session so I guess not too bad.

BFV Deluxe Edition 50% off so that was purchased. I don't understand why they don't have essential weapons in this game like the M1 Garand. Seems silly to have a WW2 game and leave out iconic and quintessential war era weapons

people who like bad games

seriously its a bioware game in 2018, its going to be shit

So you're saying because Bioware fucked up 1 GAME (MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA), your logic is it'll be shit? GTFOH. I Bet you disliked DAI which is also pretty stupid in itself.

Also, I didn't ask if you were excited about the game, I asked if anyone else was excited for it, you know which means having interest in it. If you don't have any interest in the game, there's no need to say stupid shit.... "DURH IT DOESN'T INTEREST ME SO FUCK EVERYONE WHO LIKES IT!"

Haven't had much time for games lately but if i dive back in to shooters it'll probably be Destiny 2. Here's a clip from a few months ago where i got a sweet triple kill in the beginning.

Man, I played the shit out of the first Destiny, and I played a lot of Destiny 2 when it came out, but man I'm just so fucking tired of Activision making Bungie a fucking cash cow with how they just pump out DLC's that are like half a full priced game. It's just fucking ridiculous. And with all the changes they've made over time to that game, it's just more of the same grind albeit less of a grind, but shit just doesn't feel as rewarding as much what Destiny was.

Last edited:
Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Man, I played the shit out of the first Destiny, and I played a lot of Destiny 2 when it came out, but man I'm just so fucking tired of Activision making Bungie a fucking cash cow with how they just pump out DLC's that are like half a full priced game. It's just fucking ridiculous. And with all the changes they've made over time to that game, it's just more of the same grind albeit less of a grind, but shit just doesn't feel as rewarding as much what Destiny was.

i never played the first Destiny but yeah ive heard some people say the same. I picked up D2 for under $10 and purchased all of the DLC(minus the most recent one) when it was on a huge sale a few months ago and had a blast. I wonder if everyone is still spamming the graviton lance.

here's my most recent character setup ...
jiiDl42.jpg

They fixed it with the latest expansion i feel. They lsitened to the players and took back alot of the stuff from D1. Random stats on weapons is back for instance. It is a grind game for sure. I fell out of it in the start of D2 just being pissed off and bored. But went back in when the expansion came and they saved it in my oppinion. Now having just as much fun as i did in D1.