Gaming Thread

gamescom

did he have a huge beard in the first game?

He is a new character. In the first one you could choose your race and gender, and your main character was silent.

It seems in this one they're trying a ME thing.

All you need to know is a Grey Warden is someone who took a vow to join this order and kill Darkspawn who might as well be Orcs. At the end of the game you kill the Arch Demon which is just a big dragon. Really nothing else important to tell you.

At one part you have the option to produce a "Godchild" with your companion Morrigan, on the agreement after that she leaves to raise it on her own and you never see her again. (She would leave if you said no, too) I believe Flemeth is a playable character in this game, she was Morrigan's mother in the first. I'll let you find out how that works on your own.

True, but part of Morrigan's dialogue explained that even if you beat her, it would only be temporary and she would end up coming for her. It's all but confirmed Flemeth is a companion in this one.

Nope. :)

Plus, the end of Dragon Age 2 is supposedly 10 years after the first game. The first year of it coincides with the first game. (Which apparently is supposed to take place over the course of a year.)

Edit-Scratch that. It spans 10 years and at some point is the same time as the first game then passes it, but the numbers aren't real.

haha, yeah i freaked out at first (YOU MEAN I WONT GET TO PLAY AS MY CUTE ELF ROGUE!?!?!), but reading the game informer article and extensively reading the Dev confirmed info on the forums, I'm actually hella looking forward to DA2. As long as its fun and has a good story, thats all that matters.

I have to admit though, I saw SWTOR at gamescom and I really wasn't that impressed. it just looked so unsmooth and unpolished, almost the opposite of the cutscenes and stuff they were otherwise showing. Looked like Galaxies with some extra colors :p