Gaming Thread

They've definitively said that the main character of DA2 is NOT the "godchild".

Yeah... their word is always right. Kinda like that time they insisted in the gaming rags/communities that while the characters past is uncertain, you definitely weren't some sorta sith lord that lost his memory and... oh wait, bad example. :lol: (granted, it wasn't THAT accurate in speculation, but same bioware stuff)

Oh I finished my replay of The Witcher, so now I'm doing Jade Empire for some reason. This is totally the most un-Bioware Bioware story of the 2000's.

Yeah... their word is always right. Kinda like that time they insisted in the gaming rags/communities that while the characters past is uncertain, you definitely weren't some sorta sith lord that lost his memory and... oh wait, bad example. :lol: (granted, it wasn't THAT accurate in speculation, but same bioware stuff)

Well the fact that the story begins with the character even before the godchild is even conceived (during the destruction of Lothering) I think its safe to say that the godchild will have nothing to do with DA2.

Well the fact that the story begins with the character even before the godchild is even conceived (during the destruction of Lothering) I think its safe to say that the godchild will have nothing to do with DA2.

Meh. BIOWARE. I'll believe it when I see it.

Edit: Also I believe the destruction of Lothering is the prefacee to the story's story (in a story, framed narrative is a bitch) and that the story's story in the actual playable narrative manner begins in Kirkwall, and that there's gonna be some time jumpery in the games story's story involved going back to Lothering (at least thats what I've gathered) going to hawkes past in the middle of shit, possibly going ahead in the story with the story teller doing that ol classic line "DOHOHO I SEEM TO HAVE GOTTEN AHEAD OF MYSELF HERE...".

Yeah, I've read it (well, a lot of the articles... theres a lot of words!)... but I take only one stance with bioware (just like Peter Molyneux), I'll believe it when I've actually played through the game and I haven't picked up fragments of my past and oh shit I am the sith (or in PM's case, that I actually can even do half the shit he mentions in interviews).

I wanna play as a narcoleptic dwarf that passes out in the most inappropriate of situations. I think Bethesda will get that done before Bioware does though.

The Witcher, you can kinda see him in the ass photo :p other than that i wouldn't have known. I wasn't even aware there was sex in that game until these guys mentioned it :p
What? The game practically flings it in your face :D

Oh I finished my replay of The Witcher, so now I'm doing Jade Empire for some reason. This is totally the most un-Bioware Bioware story of the 2000's.
But it's still an awesome game!

its good to know, however, that its confirmed that there will be ROMANCEABLE NPCS.
I don't know. I think the whole romance thing is unnecessary, predictable, and trite. I'd prefer if they did away with the romances altogether. They're always so easily achievable, and so poorly executed that they may as well let a single romance story go on rails - at least it'd be a bit convincing.

But don't mind me, I'm still angry because BioWare made romanceable Tali a fanservice for male Shepards exclusively. ^_^

Fuck all this gay Bioware shit anyway... Arcania: Gothic 4 is almost out. People should be talking about it more.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crqG71ANfEM&feature=related[/ame]

Edit: Also, if you haven't played Risen, fucking do. It's like Gothic 3.5. Pretty short game, but fucking awesome. The PC version of course. Don't bother with the terrible console version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry dude, I'm a total BioWare brainwashed fanboi. If it doesn't have a prologue, followed by 3 or 4 locations that can be visited in any order, then a finale, I don't care about it!