Gaming Thread

Probably totally out of the loop but I just heard they're going to actually release duke nukem forever, fuck yeah! Unfortunately due to all the hype there's no way it can live up to expectations but i'm still pumped to blow aliens up while duke spits out cheesy one liners.

Probably totally out of the loop but I just heard they're going to actually release duke nukem forever, fuck yeah! Unfortunately due to all the hype there's no way it can live up to expectations but i'm still pumped to blow aliens up while duke spits out cheesy one liners.

They call it Duke Nukem: Forever because it's going to take "forever" to be released. I just checked my calendar and forever is still a long ways away.

...Seriously? They are? What platforms?

360, ps3 (i think) and pc. i'm really pumped for the pc version though i'm trying not to think about it much; it's been delayed so long that i'll basically just forget about it again until i see more info on it and then when it's released be like holy shit! spring of 2011 is going to be amazing for me since my 2 most anticipated games (deus ex 3 and duke nukem forever) are coming out plus i'll be upgrading my computer. spring break will definitely consist of me just working and playing videogames and drinking soda haha.

Thanks Stormo! I'll definitely try that when I wrap up Neverwinter Nights.
Ergh, Neverwinter Nights. That game had the most shamefully shitty story I've ever seen from a Bioware game. The NWN2's vanilla story was a bit better, but the game really shines after you've completed the vanilla campaign and start Mask of the Betrayer. Holy crap what a masterpiece.

Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC was pretty fun... now I wanna play through it earlier on in the game though since certain shit that can be accessed now might provide some fun prior to the end-game.

Gonna do Witch hunt sometime next week since I'm gonna be gone. Fucking bioware.

Which one was it? I hope not anything with Devil in the title, otherwise you're not getting their best. Not even close.

When Eric said Nocturne was the best JPRG of all time, I bought it. And I agreed. The 120 or so hours I put in flew by, and the atmosphere, music, and originality are unmatched. NOTHING comes close to the vibes I got from Nocturne and the world they created. The game kind of scared the shit out of me in a way. I loooove the main theme for the Amala Network (basically hell), I went out of my way to download it and put it with all my music. Really chilling.

Having that said, Persona 4 is my favorite thing from them, though I don't think you would like it. (I'm a big Azumanga Daiho fan, go figure) The Persona games feature a shit battle system, extremely bland dungeon crawling that isn't rewarding in the least, but the social link aspects of it truly moved me. I never cared more about characters in my life. The sense of humor was great, and damn if it didn't go from making me feel genuinely happy (I'm a miserable fuck, that's a rare thing), to even teary eyed at one point.

Sorry for all that, as you can see I'm very passionate about Atlus. They left me with no desire to ever play or replay ANY Squaresoft game again. (Except Chrono Trigger)

Wizardry, for the PSX2.

Technically not Atlus, but Racjin commissioned to do a Wizardry spin off on the PS2 (and then published by Atlus). It's very western, but with little bizarre jap twists (like some names, a few aspects of the battle system, and shit like that). Not the greatest game, but not terrible either.

Belonged on a computer though. Releasing it on PS2 only was an extremely strange decision.

Technically not Atlus, but Racjin commissioned to do a Wizardry spin off on the PS2 (and then published by Atlus). It's very western, but with little bizarre jap twists (like some names, a few aspects of the battle system, and shit like that). Not the greatest game, but not terrible either.

Belonged on a computer though. Releasing it on PS2 only was an extremely strange decision.
Why's that? Controls?