Gaming Thread

I've only played Gothic 2. Yes, story, immersion, and characters were shit. But exploration was in a league of its own and the atmosphere around the castle was amazing.

4 is being made by a different company, though.

YES! My new toy!!!

440344688_photobucket_8948_.jpg

Bow down to the almight sex.
440344688_photobucket_8956_.jpg

Hard at work!!
440344688_photobucket_8965_.jpg

anyone going to get Dead Rising 2? it looks awesome, if i can suggest it I say go for the computer version, its $20 bucks less and is controller enabled for anyone who prefers controllers.

Just played the new Morrigan "Witch Hunt" DLC. It was fun, but short, like all the Bioware DLCs. Morrigans involvement was pretty small, considering that the whole DLC is based around trying to find her. Kind of cool ending ties up somethings while leaving some mystery. I've drank too much Bitches Brew to properly review it.

Very dissapointed. I decided I should see what all the fuss was about Baldurs Gate only to find it won't run with Vista. Wanted to replay Gothic 2 again since the 4th one is almost out, also does not run on Vista. They cost me less than $10 but damn... And I still don't know why Planescape hasn't arrived yet!

Has anyone played Sacred 2? Wanted to get that for 360. In the meantime I've been doing another Neverwinter Nights run since I never beat any of the campaigns.

i've found that almost all old games i tried on vista didn't work but with a little bit of file editing or even something as simple as compatibility mode seems to make them work, look it up on google im sure someone figured it out, i know i got Baldurs Gate to work on either Vista or 7, because I played it recently.

And I have Sacred 2 but I didn't play long enough to really get anywhere, i like high fantasy but that was a bit TOO high, and reptitive and not in a good Diablo type of way. The only good newer hack n' slash I played that was any good was Titan Quest.

From what I understand with Vista you should always make a new download directory for the game you're installing, but unfortunately as soon as I click install my computer just locks up.

Very dissapointed. I decided I should see what all the fuss was about Baldurs Gate only to find it won't run with Vista.
You need to fuck around with it somewhat. Definitely always run as admin, activate compatibility mode if need be, and look for people on forums that have already tweaked some files to make it run better. It's not always easy, but persist and it'll work.

You say your install locks up? Try running as admin, that usually helps. If not, your system might be so over the recommended specs that either the program or your comp goes cross-eyed trying to properly configure things.

this or this may help.

Oh yeah, as for Sacred 2: I love a good grind. I spent countless hours in Diablo 2 and on WoW doing it but Sacred 2 is almost too much. I like the quest system, the combat, and the graphics are pretty good but the grind starts to get in the way. Usually you find heavy enemies all the way to your destination but the respawn rate is high so you have to turn around and do it again to get back out. Boss fights and random dragon fights are cool too. DLC would have been nice but it looks like they abandoned it.