Gaming Thread

I really like Dead Rising. It's got a huge amount of issues, but the enjoyment I derive from killing a ton of zombies while stuck in a mall manages to overcome most of them. The save system really is horrible though.

I think I want the new Assassin's Creed. I like the first two, yet this new one's quick development cycle and added multiplayer made it seem like a cash in. The reviews I'm reading though started to change my mind.

Hey guys, I'm redoing the old game quiz that I did years ago, on another forum, but if anyone feels like participating, I'll post the questions here too, so you can play too. Basically it's ten rounds (days) with ten points to earn every round. Anyone interested?

What the Hell, I'll post it anyway:

Hey all. Some of you may remember the somewhat marginally epic game quiz I did several years ago. I remember it was a lot of fun then, and I thought, why not do a new one?

Everyone is of course free to participate, and you can join in at any time (although, of course, any days you've missed are days you can't score points). There's no need to ask whether or not you can join, just jump right on in!

The rules are simple:

DO

- send me your answers VIA PM, I'll evaluate them and send you your score, and which ones you got right. Keep that to yourself, of course.
- join in whenever you feel like it
- comment in the thread as long as it doesn't give hints, spell out answers, or otherwise reveals what the answers to the questions might be, however vaguely
- send me question suggestions. I can't guarantee I'll use them, but I definitely will if they're good ones
- ask questions not pertaining to the quiz questions

DO NOT

- answer in the thread. I can't stress this enough. It ruins it for everyone
- Google answers. I try to make my questions not that easy to google, but of course, you can if you want to cheat. There's no money to be won with this, so it's just a bit of fun - play fair, don't googuru.
- complain in the thread. Send me a PM if you have concerns
- whine about this or that game not being included. I'm doing these purely from my own mind (so every question is solvable)

After the questions have been posted, they'll stay on for at least 24 hours, after which I'll announce the scores, give out the correct answers, and post the new questions. Scores carry over from round to round!

Awrite, you guys ready? Here's the first ten questions, one point per question. All of them should be manageable :)

Also, this quiz is cross-forum, so expect to see names on the scoreboard that you don't know.

DAY 1 – General trivia round. Just answer the question, one point per answer.

1.Which game has a gun that shoots out shurikens and lightning?

2.What breed is the Grey Warden's dog?

3.In the original Legend of Zelda, you receive your first sword from an old man. What does he say when he gives it to you?

4.What was the name of the cat-like enemies in the Wing Commander series?

5.The main character of the second Valkyrie Profile game is called Silmeria. What's the name of the Valkyrie in the first game?

6.What happens to Arthur when takes his first (and only survivable) hit from a monster in the classic Ghosts 'n' Goblins game?

7.If it's pitch black, what are you likely to be eaten by?

8.What is the major difference between the protagonist of the first Silent Hill game, and the protagonist of the Silent Hill film?

9.Starring: Roland as the Soldier, Lilith as the Siren, Mordecai as the Hunter, and Brick as...?

10.In the grim darkness of the far future there is only what?

Good luck, and again DO NOT ANSWER IN THE THREAD!