Gaming Thread

Yep. NOW DO YOU SEE WHY I WAS SO AGITATED, STORMY? ;)
It's got nothing to do with lack of a New Game+ option ;)

Mr. House was a tough decision as well. I didn't want to kill him because I also liked his ideas, but he started to get on my nerves with all his condescension.
I stopped working with him when he told me to destroy the Brotherhood. Not gonna happen, life-support man!

Yeah, me too...I said the same thing. I'm not gonna destroy the Brotherhood. No fucking way. He signed his own death warrant with that shit. I was about to turn my back on the NCR until he popped out with that shit.

Obsidian is trying to create a game where there's truly no "good guy", and while that may be realistic, it's definitely not fun. Like you said, RPGs are about playing a role, good, bad or ugly. NV's choices are bad, not as bad, and ambivalent, which is fucking dumb.

I started to like the NCR early on because they have this martial law attitude, and in my opinion, that was exactly what the wasteland needed to keep it from destroying itself again. Taking lands from raiders and savages in order to rebuild an entire society? Boo fucking hoo. That's not enough to make me sympathize with them.

Also, the Ultra Luxe hotel missions were really starting to piss me off, so I decided that everyone in the secret society should die, whether they're still cannibals or not. So I burned them all with my flamethrower and cleared out the hotel. I also killed the rancher dude and his son because they were both dickheads and deserved to die.

Speaking of Fallout NV, the guys at Obsidian Entertainment used to work at Black Isle when it was around. Black Isle made the best game ever. PlaneScape: Torment.

As far as dialogue, character development and overall storyline, PlaneScape: Torment is the best game there is. It was made in 98, but even with the graphics and all, it's a really enjoyable game. The replay value is friggin' awesome too. I've played it quite a few times, being a bad guy, good guy and all in between. If you haven't played it, play it. It's worth it.

were they the same cannibal clan that were in the train station in F3?

Mr. House can eat a dick. He is going to die. Benny went down first, then next its going to be that damn robot that set up the entire ordeal with me being shot in the face.

Anyone linked to that event will be judged, and then raped with a Power Glove.

Stormo is right about being clueless through-out the game. I still have a quest I cannot complete because of a bug.

Still haven't beat the game YET, but I will in due time.

Yeah, me too...I said the same thing. I'm not gonna destroy the Brotherhood. No fucking way. He signed his own death warrant with that shit. I was about to turn my back on the NCR until he popped out with that shit.
I mean, Obsidian knows many players will be reluctant to destroy the Brotherhood. Sure, they're a threat to House, but they're also the fucking Brotherhood. It doesn't get much cooler than a group of power armored paramilitary tech hoarders. Anyway, Obsidian knows many players will balk at destroying the Brotherhood (they've done nothing wrong, after all), and they even wrote in lines of dialogue where the Courier can ask House if a diplomatic solution really isn't possible. To which House responds with a flat, "No." Now that in itself is one thing, but the fact that you can't hike down to the Brotherhood (which you joined!), and work out a solution from there, or even fully take their side in kicking the other factions' asses is just lazy game developing. All you can do is have the usual conversations. You can't even discuss the situation with them. I mean, come ON!

Obsidian is trying to create a game where there's truly no "good guy", and while that may be realistic, it's definitely not fun. Like you said, RPGs are about playing a role, good, bad or ugly. NV's choices are bad, not as bad, and ambivalent, which is fucking dumb.
Exactly! NV is a clear example of Grey and Gray Morality. There is no way to do things right, you're just stuck choosing between the lesser of the evils, while all the good options simply aren't available.

I started to like the NCR early on because they have this martial law attitude, and in my opinion, that was exactly what the wasteland needed to keep it from destroying itself again. Taking lands from raiders and savages in order to rebuild an entire society? Boo fucking hoo. That's not enough to make me sympathize with them.
I'd have preferred reconciling the BoS with the NCR, but since For The Republic was closed for me (the option never even came up in dialogue!), because as I understand it, that's the only remotely good outcome. But yeah, thanks buggy script.

Also, the Ultra Luxe hotel missions were really starting to piss me off, so I decided that everyone in the secret society should die
It wasn't that hard, but I wasted a lot of time on it because the damn game kept crashing every thirty seconds in that damn bathhouse.

As far as dialogue, character development and overall storyline, PlaneScape: Torment is the best game there is.
Listen to this man, everyone. PS:T is the only game that has ever really moved me, and knowing me, that's hard to do.

Have you guys played Machinarium? It's a cute little puzzle game
Errr... I'm not really a 'cute little puzzle game' sorta guy...

House got his ass killed as soon as I could. (Meeting him in person was the best part of the game)

NCR was too cocky, I killed all of them.

I killed Ceaser and his entire camp because they disrespected me.

I did the independant route with Yes Man, and for what? Another cheap slide show ending? Fuck that, bring back FMV's.

Stormy, I reconciled the NCR with the BoS...try to do it again and see where it went wrong. You have to walk a fine line but you can do it. The NCR colonel at the end isn't happy with you but you can explore other ways to get around it. She just scolds you a little bit and says something like, "And you believed them?" or something like that. It might take some reloading save games, so save often.

It was just so confusing keeping track of who is who in this game.

It might be that you needed much better standing with the NCR. Also, I ALWAYS, ALWAYS AAAALLLLWWWAAAAAYYYYYYSSSSS train up Speech really high, like 80 or so, because of all the extra dialogue options.

At the end I was able to get several factions on my side against the Legion. I had the Brotherhood, that raider faction from Red Rock (because I assassinated the dude's father), the Boomers, and just about everyone else helping me fight the Legion. What I did, however, was purely explore without accepting quests. It doesn't seem like it but it gives you more clues as to what's going on rather than accepting the quests. When you return to the quest givers, you're able to discern who is who at that point.

It might be that you needed much better standing with the NCR. Also, I ALWAYS, ALWAYS AAAALLLLWWWAAAAAYYYYYYSSSSS train up Speech really high, like 80 or so, because of all the extra dialogue options.
I was Idolized by both NCR and Brotherhood, so that wasn't it. The problem might have been that I had already killed Caesar before starting For The Republic...

Yep, that's it. I killed him too but then realized he had a big part in the ending so I went back and let him live.

This is just another example of how poorly scripted the story was.

The campaign was ok, wasn't as good as Modern Warfare 1 or 2. The online is nice and fun though. They fixed a few problems that happened with MW 2.

COD is the only shooter series I own people at, Battlefield to an extent and a few select others, any other games I usually do terribly in :p

although I have been playing LoL pretty much 24/7 and i'm getting pretty good.

game is sooo addicting.