Gaming Thread

I could picture myself living there (after I learn the language) now that I think back on it. I love that city.

Rome has that effect on people. You visit once and then you think, "wow this is a cool place" and then you move on to something else. But when you get home, the only thing you can really remember about your vacation is Rome. Everything else is kind of a blur. It's just more interesting than any place else here. Florence is beautiful but it's definitely a city in which I would not want to live. I've been there a few times and that's enough. Milan is dull as a hammer.

Speaking of that series, can someone tell me which Shin megami Tensei games to buy and which to avoid? I'm thinking of taking up the series myself, so I'd like some reliable advice. Thanks! :)

I don't know about any others but Persona 4.

^Just became one of my top favorite games. I can't believe how great this is.

Speaking of that series, can someone tell me which Shin megami Tensei games to buy and which to avoid? I'm thinking of taking up the series myself, so I'd like some reliable advice. Thanks! :)

Persona 4 and Nocturne are both 9/10 games. And I never give scores that high. They are both in my top 5 games of all time.

If you want great story and atmosphere (I even cried during one part) Persona 4. I stood up and applauded at the end. I never cared more about characters in my life. The fighting is the only drawback.

Nocturne will challenge you. It's not even about grinding but knowing the battle system. Good story though there isn't much of it, but the atmosphere is unparalleled. Very dark game, you even fight Lucifer. Also, EVERY enemy in the game is recruit-able. Bosses included. You can alter your main character to be a fighter/mage mix of both, the other three members of your party will be demons you fused or recruited. They even have Odin and Thor.

Digital Devil Saga and Devil Summoner suck, stay away from those.

Oh, Persona 3 is like 4. 4 was mystery "who done it" oriented, 3 was slightly darker, less weeabooish.

Trust me dude, it's going to get better and better. And 3 is ALMOST as good. I'd say 4 > Nocturne > 3

Just remember to look up how to get the true ending once you reach December 3rd. There's many specific dialogue options and things you have to do, if you don't look it up I promise you will get one of the three false endings and miss out on the true final boss.

FUCK YES. tonight my brother helped me buy and install a radeon hd 5670 to tide me over until my new comp in feb and its awesomeeeeee. i can't believe i played games before with my radeon hd 4350; i booted up mass effect 2 and fallout 3 at almost 100% max settings and it flowed perfectly and the games played like i never knew they even could. getting the card was a bitch because today happens to be black friday (2 hours to get my card at best buy argh) but it was sooo worth it. i'm about to spend the night drinking beer, eating pizza and playing mass effect 2 and fallout 3.

I'm loving the current Steam sale.
So far I bought Torchlight, Borderlands, Deus Ex GoTY Edition, Audiosurf and their Clever Indie Pack (World of Goo, Eufloria, Iron Gip: Warlord, VVVVVV & Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time), all for a whopping $25 in total. That's nine games for $25.

Persona 4 and Nocturne are both 9/10 games. And I never give scores that high. They are both in my top 5 games of all time.

If you want great story and atmosphere (I even cried during one part) Persona 4. I stood up and applauded at the end. I never cared more about characters in my life. The fighting is the only drawback.

Nocturne will challenge you. It's not even about grinding but knowing the battle system. Good story though there isn't much of it, but the atmosphere is unparalleled. Very dark game, you even fight Lucifer. Also, EVERY enemy in the game is recruit-able. Bosses included. You can alter your main character to be a fighter/mage mix of both, the other three members of your party will be demons you fused or recruited. They even have Odin and Thor.

Digital Devil Saga and Devil Summoner suck, stay away from those.

Oh, Persona 3 is like 4. 4 was mystery "who done it" oriented, 3 was slightly darker, less weeabooish.
Excellent, I'll order 3, 4 and Nocturne, thanks!

I promise you won't regret it Stormo. If I may rant just a little more...

I recommend playing 4, then 3, then Nocturne. I do like Nocturne more than 3, but like...Nocturne is...I don't want to say it's a grindfest because I loved every second of it. It's just that most of Nocturne is combat. Damn near all of it, actually. It's not a bad thing in this case, since it's the best turn based combat system I've ever played. There's a great story behind it, theres just not much of it. It's also waaaaaaaaay harder than Persona. I got many game overs. And if you want to unlock Dante you have to do the optional dungeon (Hell) through out the game. Extremely hard but extremely worth it. Beating Nocturne made me feel so accomplished as an RPG fanatic. I recommend deciding early on if you want your character to be a magic user or physical attacker. I did both but it would have been easier if I had chose one.

Persona 4's battle system is pretty generic and boring, but no one plays it for that. It's basically a really fucking good anime, based on a series of murders. The game is finding out who the true killer is.

I just hope you aren't turned off by the weeabooness of Persona 4. Compared to the other two, it's kind of happy. But I was just talking to Steve, he loves it. My 17 year old female friend loved it, she put in the 100 hours to beat it as soon as I let her borrow it. Then another friend borrowed it, loved it, beat it. And the Persona series has the best video game soundtracks ever. Nothing comes close.

So yeah. You really can't go wrong with any of the three, they will make you wonder why you EVER bothered playing Squaresoft RPGs. And they are all very long. About 70-100 hours each.

so now that I can play mass effect well which dlc should i download and does anything need to be done so i can play it? since i failed so miserably last time (got the worst ending ever) I reloaded a save where the last person i need to get is tali and now I'm loyal with everyone in my crew so i figure i should do the dlc's, get tali, do some side missions, then go fuck shit up at the ending. any recommendations for my first dlc and then which i should pursue after?

Anyone played Splatterhouse on the PS3 recently? I'm consider buying that game for my friend's birthday and I'm wondering if it's worth it. Gameplay looks good and bad at the same time.

so now that I can play mass effect well which dlc should i download and does anything need to be done so i can play it? since i failed so miserably last time (got the worst ending ever) I reloaded a save where the last person i need to get is tali and now I'm loyal with everyone in my crew so i figure i should do the dlc's, get tali, do some side missions, then go fuck shit up at the ending. any recommendations for my first dlc and then which i should pursue after?

Lair of the Shadowbroker is a must. Really great DLC. Overlord was pretty neat, too. The others are kind of meh, not bad, but not totally necessary I'd say.