Gaming Thread

Beat Resident Evil 5 yesterday. Great game. I'm playing it on the hardest difficulty setting now. I have 26/30 of the emblems already so I'll get those this time around. One emblem I have to get requires Co-op play (the marshlands).

Sheva is hot, but her AI is fucking retarded. Other then that a fun, solid game.

Dude, wait till you get to level 5 ruins and you have to move the dumpster out of the way to lower the bridge, while fending off about 10 lickers. My 20 grenade rounds didn't do jack.

^ terrible

You kill him once. You fight him twice, once in his normal state and the last time when he mutated due to the overdose injection that chris put in Wesker so he couldn't control the virus. (wesker can control the virus in limited doses)

Remember? Or did you even finish the game?

I do remember. Everything I said was correct. Or do you not fight him, inject him, board a plane, toss him out of the plane, crash the plane, fight him, shove him into lava, and then blast him with rockets? :lol: And this is not the first time in the series you've killed (a) Wesker (and considering the ooooooooooh revelations about him that were fucking stupid as hell, not gonna be the last time unless they retcon this stupid shit, which they should).

Shit was stupid.

Story was awful.

Game was horrendous.

Capcom needs to beg Shinji Mikami to come back at this point, since every series he created has gone severely downhill since he left. DMC, RE being the worst.

As much as I love Resident Evil, I was glad for the format overhaul. RE 0-Code Veronica were great, but fighting the same old zombies, hunters, and dogs over and over again was starting to get boring. And I swore if I saw another Tyrant after RE 0, I was gonna give up the series all together. Ok, granted RE 5 wasn't as dark, but that suspense was still there in one form or another.

I do remember. Everything I said was correct. Or do you not fight him, inject him, board a plane, toss him out of the plane, crash the plane, fight him, shove him into lava, and then blast him with rockets.

Where you got a double digit number for the amount of supposed deaths is beyond me. When you blasted his ass in the lava, that was the only time he died. (hopefully)

Shit was stupid.

Story was awful.

Game was horrendous.

It doesn't surprise me that the game didn't satisfy you, nothing ever seems to satisfy you anyway, which is why I assume your probably still single.

Chris - I agree, I didn't mind the change compared to previous RE games. I'm only at chapter 2-1 on Veteran mode, but I managed to upgrade one of my sub-machine guns all the way, and I unlocked the gatlin gun in the buy menu. That thing is 50,000 to buy, and I managed to "farm" enough eggs to finally get it. It has infinite ammo but it's not accurate at all.

Where you got a double digit number for the amount of supposed deaths is beyond me. When you blasted his ass in the lava, that was the only time he died. (hopefully)

It doesn't surprise me that the game didn't satisfy you, nothing ever seems to satisfy you anyway, which is why I assume your probably still single.

Chris - I agree, I didn't mind the change compared to previous RE games. I'm only at chapter 2-1 on Veteran mode, but I managed to upgrade one of my sub-machine guns all the way, and I unlocked the gatlin gun in the buy menu. That thing is 50,000 to buy, and I managed to "farm" enough eggs to finally get it. It has infinite ammo but it's not accurate at all.

Ouch...

I got infinate ammo for the jail breaker and the ak-74. I'm working on getting to points for the Magnum and sniper rifle through Mercenaries.

Exageration maybe? But any other enemy in the entire history of RE (both canon and non) tends to die in a pretty realistic manner (well, realistic in terms of fictional zombie etc.). Only now in RE5 have we not only a guy who has previously "died" and come back via cloning/revival through virus, etc. now suddenly having the ability to "survive" what would kill anything else... repetitively. It's ridiculous, it was one of the thousand problems that come when a team completely unrelated to a series takes over, especially in this genre (see Silent Hill: Homecoming as well), and when the marketing team has more control over the "creativity" than the actual game designers.

Nothing but the loving caress of a hooker paid in crack rocks.

I'm probably gonna finally get an xbox 360 soonish (i'm always several years behind technology), name 2 or 3 must buys besides CoD4, Force Unleashed, and Mass Effect.

HALO 3 AND RE5...

:lol:

No. Actually: Dead Space, The Darkness, Mirror's Edge, Saint's Row 2, Braid (you gotta buy that with that MS points crap), and Ikarugu (which is an older game, also purchased with Ms points). If you're into Gay Jrpg's at all... pick up Star Ocean: The Last Hope, which, while an excellent game, is 10 times funner due to it's hillariously bad dub and purely awful translation.

Some reviewers trashed it, but, fuck reviewers. They're just unpaid (well... sometimes :lol:) advertisement. Short? Yes. Excellent game with original concept, mind-pleasing visuals, and interesting story? Fuck yeah!

Max, Fallout 3. I got it after Christmas and haven't played anything else since, except maybe a day or two of Street Fighter IV (which bummed me out substantially and I do not recommend).