Gaming Thread

This is fucking H I L A R I O U S!!!!!

The game is really cool as well...I highly recommend you get it...creepy as fuck too.

Last edited by a moderator:
earlier in this thread i said that i was behind in games in recent years. i missed deus ex. heard about it, but never played it. i am now more than halfway through and it is fucking awesome. brilliantly done.

is the sequel as good?

FUCK NO NOT EVEN CLOSE. I loved the original (still bust it out and play it to this day for the awesomeness) but the sequel is mediocre. There are load screens constantly that completely take you out of the action, they dumbed down all the rpg elements, the voice acting and story isn't great, the only thing I liked was the references to the first game and some of the atmospheres were cool. Basically it's just your average FPS; if Deus Ex is a 10 then the sequel is a 7.5. You might as well play it because it is decently fun on its own (I've beaten it to get all the endings but stopped after that) and theres a lot of cool references to the first but in terms of being compared its fucking NOTHING. Go in expecting a pretty FPS with some cool gameplay elements that's more unique than most and you'll be content, go in expecting Deus Ex and you'll be crushed. Especially the music; ugh, the first one had horrible music but somehow I love it and it fits the atmosphere right on each level where as in the 2nd its just this droning techno background so you have these beautiful visages and levels (although small) and no soundtrack change whereas in the first game you went from NYC and it's soundtrack to Hong Kong and it's totally different feel and soundtrack. Just writing this is making me rage haha

I remember the first time I played it I was so pumped with the graphics, then lost interest almost instantly. It feels like they tried pushing the envelope in terms of graphics and dumbed it down to make it more accessible, but lost a lot of the magic. In comparison to bad FPS's it's good but in terms of the Deus Ex name it is shameeee.

The 3rd is going to be amazing though, I'm beyond pumped and am going to play Deus Ex 1 and 2 right before it comes out.

two weeks til DA2. the demo is out, but I shall abstain. I'm saving myself for the full game.

I've seen a couple videos and it looked like ME2 but with dragons and point and click; is this really going to be worht my time? I don't like point and click much but I do love great stories, characters and moral choices. Never played the first one and don't want to because I like the more action oriented RPG's (flame away) but if the second one is more fast paced and ME2 style then I'm totally down.

FUCK NO NOT EVEN CLOSE. I loved the original (still bust it out and play it to this day for the awesomeness) but the sequel is mediocre. There are load screens constantly that completely take you out of the action, they dumbed down all the rpg elements, the voice acting and story isn't great, the only thing I liked was the references to the first game and some of the atmospheres were cool. Basically it's just your average FPS; if Deus Ex is a 10 then the sequel is a 7.5. You might as well play it because it is decently fun on its own (I've beaten it to get all the endings but stopped after that) and theres a lot of cool references to the first but in terms of being compared its fucking NOTHING. Go in expecting a pretty FPS with some cool gameplay elements that's more unique than most and you'll be content, go in expecting Deus Ex and you'll be crushed. Especially the music; ugh, the first one had horrible music but somehow I love it and it fits the atmosphere right on each level where as in the 2nd its just this droning techno background so you have these beautiful visages and levels (although small) and no soundtrack change whereas in the first game you went from NYC and it's soundtrack to Hong Kong and it's totally different feel and soundtrack. Just writing this is making me rage haha

I remember the first time I played it I was so pumped with the graphics, then lost interest almost instantly. It feels like they tried pushing the envelope in terms of graphics and dumbed it down to make it more accessible, but lost a lot of the magic. In comparison to bad FPS's it's good but in terms of the Deus Ex name it is shameeee.

The 3rd is going to be amazing though, I'm beyond pumped and am going to play Deus Ex 1 and 2 right before it comes out.

It's not THAT bad, come on! It's definitely worth playing to continue the story. I enjoyed the second one, actually.

Perhaps the most glorious thing I have ever seen.

Enjoy. And Happy 25th birthday, Legend of Zelda.

sj4Vy.jpg

that is fucking AWESOME!

i miss the legend of zelda, i remember playing ocarina of time on the n64 and going WHOA I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW FUCKING INSANE THESE GRAPHICS AND OPEN WORLD ARE WTFFFF. i sadly never finished majoras mask though, i just never got around to it but i think i did use cheats to get all teh stuff. ocarina of time was the best though; the maps, environments, the temples, the things you had to do to complete the quests in terms of the puzzles, the traveling through time. SO NOSTALGIC AND AWESOME

I can only recognize about 10% of the characters on there :/

As for Dragon Age 2, I don't think I'll play the demo, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to mess around with the character generator :)

edit: Appearance modification is disabled in the demo. Wankers.

when I play as a chica i may actually use the default appearance, because femhawke actually looks pretty badass. Malehawke looks like a hipster douche though, definitely not using that.