Gaming Thread

DAII demo is up for download. Graphics are better for sure and they cut some of the talky stuff out of the demo for combat. I think I like the new skill trees better but it does feel like a bit of a button masher right out of the gate. I'm sure I'll get it eventually. I'm still way behind on newer releases.

Suikoden 3 is GREAT, 4 and 5 are shit. Never played the 2D ones, but they're supposed to be classics. What made 3 so great was that it was told ala A Song of Ice and Fire, with three main characters, sometimes you'll see the same scene twice but from another perspective. The characters were great, the game felt great, the atmosphere was great, probably one of my favorite JRPGs.

I picture lady Catelyn Stark as the female main character from the game.

And I doubt Skyrim will be as clunky as Oblivion. Bethesda is going as far to add unique finishing moves to enemies and weapons, but I could honestly give a shit less about combat. All I need is content and I'd BE content (weird, those words are spelled the same way) with a simple attack button.

More theories and evidence on the disappearance of the Dwemer better be there, considering there will be Dwemer ruins and the Sphere Centaurians are back. There is a very cool tour of Bethesda studios on Gameinformer.com

lol the audio engineer uses cubase, AWESOME!

DAII demo is up for download. Graphics are better for sure and they cut some of the talky stuff out of the demo for combat. I think I like the new skill trees better but it does feel like a bit of a button masher right out of the gate. I'm sure I'll get it eventually. I'm still way behind on newer releases.
It's total asshattery that they disabled the character generator, though.

Suikoden 3 is GREAT, 4 and 5 are shit.
Thanks, man. What is so shit about IV and V?

Also, ordered Disgaea and Disgaea 2, since I really should give those jRPG Tactics games a try.

im going to give those games another try but I wasn't nearly as impressed with those as i was with FFT. Gladius is the only other tactics game I liked, and maybe ogre tactics, but i haven't played those yet. I just figure i will like them because it's the same devs at FFT.

It's total asshattery that they disabled the character generator, though.

Thanks, man. What is so shit about IV and V?

4 is just a bad game all around, with way too many random battles. The little duel system was cool but the games execution is overall terrible.

5 was better but really really average with nothing in it that stood out.

deus ex 3 is coming out in august =((
NOOOOOOOOOOO
i'm so tired of waiting its insane, they keep pushing it and now i won't even be able to enjoy it until I'm about to start school after summer (and I'm not even in summer!!!!111)
fucking ridiculous.

I have been playing red dead redemption really fun so far. Marvel vs Capcom 3 is a mind fuck of a game. Looking to get Knight's Contract soon and eagerly waiting for Hard Corps uprising "CONTRA" to come out!

I've played about 6 hours, got bored and put it down. I'm definitely not the biggest fan of the story/characters/dialog. A lot of it feels really lazy too, constantly revisiting the same places for same feeling quests... and tons of NPC's that are just pointlessly there making the city feel more dead than if they weren't there.

And the combat just feels alright. Not great, not as bad as I thought it would be.

And a lot of scaling back (inventory for instance).

And the game runs like utter shit at random times.

Also I had to fucking download a god damn 1gb patch just to turn on high-res textures. Why the fuck wasn't it on the DVD?!

Not begging for my money back though (but not buying 10,000 DLC items either).

I imagine most of their resources are working on The Old Republic and Mass Effect 3 so they just tossed it together and threw it out the door. I think it'll go down in bioware history as another Jade Empire.

Jade Empire wasn't bad... but it was a step down from what Bioware had dished out in the previous 5 years (BG2, NWN, and KOTOR) in pretty much every aspect except graphically. Dragon Age 2 is like that.