Gaming Thread

It sounds good but there are so many other games I want to play that I doubt I'll get to it >_< still gotta beat Fallout3, NV, all DLC, the last bit of mass effect 2 content I have left, crysis 2 when it comes out etc. Speaking of Mass Effect 3 when are they going to release anymore info? one plot establishing trailer is ok but it'd be nice to hear at least SOMETHING else

morrowind was the shit, i played that to death when i was like 14 FUCK YEAH VIVEC. i'm beyond pumped for skyrim so when i get a new gaming computer in a couple months i'm going to make sure it's so ridiculously beastly that it'll be able to run skyrim at the highest settings ever and give me an eyegasm

ps3meme.jpg

David, to put it simply, paying for XBL is worth it. Some of the money we spend on "Gold" accounts every month is dedicated to the upkeep of dedicated servers/clusters (and their maintenance) that ensure we get the connectivity and reliability we want. There's a reason why a lot of online tournaments are held specifically on XBL and not PSN. In fact, Shoryuken's first EVO-Online tournament (Super Street Fighter IV) was held on XBOX360 because it's a game with one-frame combos and that's very demanding. Also, there are tons of community options that PSN just simply doesn't have.

Found a little list (connection quality aside) that gives a comparison

Xbox Live

Features:

* Headset Support
* Friends List with in depth UI
* Animated Customizable Avatars
* Gamerscore for Tracking in Game Achievements
* 4 Way Voice Chat
* Downloadable Demos
* Downloadable Game and Film Trailers
* Downloadable Community Arcade and Retail Arcade Games
* Downloadable Game Addons
* Film Rental Service
* Reputation Rating
* Windows Live Messenger
* Community News and Entertainment
* Online Gaming

PlayStation Network

Features:

* Headset Support
* Rankings for Player Comparisons
* In Game Trophies
* Animated Avatars
* Friends List
* Internet Browser and Search Engine
* Downloadable Content From PlayStation Store
* Online Gaming
* Bare bones friends list

One thing I heard in the most recent interview with Cliff B kinda surprised me and made me realize it although I had known it for a while.

The future of a lot of FPSs is in RPG elements. Sure there will still be run and gun shoot em up or super story driven ones but with the implementation of just some RPG elements it makes you want to realllyyy go into all the aspects of the game and really do everything and feel much more attached. Things like how in GOW 3 SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER you'll basically earn xp for doing stuff like more intense kills or other things, kinda like xbox achievements and you can use this to unlock new things, new character skins maps etc. it's not something totally new, but different games do it to a different extent. You have it completely taking over in stuff like Fallout 3, then to a little bit less in the new Deus Ex, then even less in games like GOW3, Crackdown, Crysis 2 and other things. Knowing that you're achieving something, doing things that matter, changing your items and way your character works etc is something that draws people into the game world a lot more than just a stagnant shooting game where it doesn't matter who/how you kill, just that you get to the end.

what do you guys think? I'm wayyy for it since i'm in love with the RPG elements adding the shooters and making them a lot deeper but I bet a bunch of people will hate it.

yeah definitely agree FPS/RTS is also interesting but doesn't keep me interested as long as FPS/RPG games.

now if they would remake Planetside to look epic and made it more modern then it would end all games.

I am just over FPS games right now. RPG/FPS are fun, and I will probably play BF III when its released but thats it. I got enough games on my plate right now.

Now if you want a fun game that plays out different every single time. I recommend PINBALL.

Max you lucky FAWKA. You live only several hours away from Pinburgh (PAPA). I'm trying to save up money so I can fly my way to PAPA 2011 this year (Pinball World Championships) so if anyone in the surrounding area wants to come watch and play with me you can. I have until August to save up! GAHH!

also RTS games with RPG elements? AWESOME, im playing shogun total war and it has a League of legends feel with that I have a skill tree and can give him different traits and armor and upgrade units and have veteran armies, it's fucking awesome.

Apparently theres yet another ME2 DLC coming out. Even I will admit that Bioware is getting kinda fucking ridiculous with the DLC.

It is quite ridiculous but after lair of the shadow broker, I'm definitely down with it if it's as good. The other DLC I thought was ok but lair of the shadow broker realllyyy fucking hooked me. Also I still have ME2 installed due to not finishing everything so this'll give me an excuse to finally finish it and put down Fallout 3 for the time being.

Kinda on the same note as the RPG elements, I'm so pissed they're keeping Gears of War exclusive for the 360. I sold my 360 a long time ago to pay for a tiny bit of my band's album recording and obviously don't want to buy a new one but I realllyy want to play GOW2,3. Adding insult to injury is when I had a 360 I beat GOW1 so the only one that managed to come out on the PC I had already done :mad: