Gaming Thread

In some ways I agree. For instance, I noticed that they used a lot of the same animations from ME2 (like the standing tall-hands behind your back pose, the I'm-talking-about-something-important-so-i'm-pacing-back-and-forth animation, etc).

Overall, I'm still enjoying it immensely. I don't think that RPG purists will like it very much, because it is a bit... simplified. But its still fun. Though I still don't think its "Dragon Effect 2", if you liked ME2, you should enjoy it.

Also, I love that hitting R on PC makes your selected character attack the nearest character or loot the nearest body/chest. It's surprising how such a simple feature can make a game run so much more fluidly and less tediously.

so now that people have played it, should someone like me get it? I loved Mass effect 2 and I like RPG's that are really unique/innovative/have a super cool environment/choices that affect the game and are more action oriented.

Fallout 3, Mass Effect 1+2, Oblivion are the tits whereas stuff like Final Fantasy or any of the turn based ones make me zzzz

Jade Empire wasn't bad... but it was a step down from what Bioware had dished out in the previous 5 years (BG2, NWN, and KOTOR) in pretty much every aspect except graphically. Dragon Age 2 is like that.
True, true, but I still think JE's bad rap stems mostly from the fact that it had to stand between giants, and not that it was a lackluster game. Had any other company made it, it would have been much better received.

Also, I love that hitting R on PC makes your selected character attack the nearest character or loot the nearest body/chest. It's surprising how such a simple feature can make a game run so much more fluidly and less tediously.

I totally don't use R in combat at all... I'm an obsessive compulsive micro manage every aspect of a battle via pause player. I don't even use the tactics system! Big part of the reason I'm annoyed with the camera actually, as my style of playing is much more geared to the isometric view.

Honestly, I think watching me play the game would drive most people nuts. :lol:

Mage: Blood Mage, Spirit Healer, Force Mage.
Warrior: Templar, Reaver, Berserker.
Rogue: Assassin, Duelist, Shadow.

Ugh, Arcane Warrior was OP so instead of trying to fix it, they scrap it altogether.

everyone should go on steam and get the total war pack for 64.99, thats including Shogun II.

online would be fun unless it's a shitty attempt at an MMO. I really just wan't me and a friend or two to control different factions on a campaign map and try to kill each other. But it seems they are doing something different.

they could have both though.

Just beat DA2.
Final thoughts:
It's pretty different from Origins, about as different as ME1 and 2 were (but even though there are some ME2ish elements in DA2, I stand by my statement that it's still not quite "Dragon Effect 2"). As always, Bioware is king of making a compelling story with great characters and dialogue. The gameplay is pretty fun, albeit a bit dumbed down, as this really is more of an action game than an RPG. Some aspects could have been better executed, but I'm lookin forward to a second playthrough.

Also, Isabela makes me feel almost as weird as Miranda did *CGI fapfapfap*.

edit: Oh, and I know at least John wanted to know how long the game was, I got about 31 hours. I think I did almost everything.

I've more or less been playing it since my last message yesterday on my friends PC.

What a joke.

This is what happens when EA signs Biowares checks. I will not be buying Mass Effect 3, or any Bioware game for that matter. This game might as well be a first person shooter, that's obviously the crowd it was made for.

Good thing Skyrim is coming out this year and everyone will forget about this watered down garbage.