Gaming Thread

Amazing game. I remember the matrix mod for MP I. Great stuff. Had so much potential to be a kick ass movie.

Also...max and christopher... i now have 2.5 mil skill points on Eve.

Nice! I'm training up my Proteus as we speak. I'm also cross-training some Minmatar stuff so I can fly other ships besides Gallente. Also it helps to have projectile weapons because they don't use cap, and if you have a ship that doesn't have any gunnery bonuses, it'll save a bunch of cap.

Sorry if I haven't been on in a while...had to format and reload Windows, then for 5 days my Eve client wouldn't work for some reason. Everything's working now.

a version with all the dlc in it including the new one from the start would be great for sure.

has anyone played bulletstorm? i hear its basically a super lame violence fest filled with lame profane jokes but the art style is really cool and interesting. i'm thinking of checking it out because i'm kinda tired of the war games that always have the same style and i like games that really have interesting environments/styles like the first time i played halo or deus ex.

once again, DITCH THE FUCKING VIDEO GAME MOVIE TRAILERS. No one takes this shit that seriously and we want to see GAME FOOTAGE not a fucking commercial. The first Skyrim trailer was the same thing. Stupid.

Mass Effect 3 is still a long time coming. Nothing wrong with an announcement trailer. And what do you mean "no one takes this shit that seriously"? You mean to say no one cares about the story and everyone wants shiny graphics and 'intuitive' (read: console tard) gameplay and nothing else?

I hadn't seen it yet :)

Also, I know it's incredibly childish, but I just couldn't help myself:

Boone.jpg

I've been playing new vegas a lot but man I really don't like the map in comparison to the capital wasteland :bah: great gameplay though. Next month my brother is going to help me build a fucking BEAST system so I'm going to play that me2 dlc plus a bunch of other awesome stuff and go crazy during spring break haha. Definitely looking forward to all the new games but man gaming is a really expensive hobby. My new system is going to be superrr affordable and built smartly yet still absolutely amazing (all from newegg) and it's going to cost $1,300. Luckily it'll last me for a long time but ugh I don't enjoy dropping that much cash + the cost for all the new games (and I do not pirate anymore; since i have the money it's not fair to rip off the hard work of the designers though i will try games i'm not sure of before i buy).

And what do you mean "no one takes this shit that seriously"? You mean to say no one cares about the story and everyone wants shiny graphics and 'intuitive' (read: console tard) gameplay and nothing else?

yep exactly. trying to advertise games as movies is retarded. if i wanted to see a movie id go watch one. if i want to be enticed to play a game i want to see what the game looks like not a fucking movie preview.

and 'console tard'? im not even sure what that means. you must have too much free time.

I agree with Stormomomomo here. The Mass Effect series is such a cinematic experience that a cinematic story trailer seems pretty appropriate, because I honestly do believe that the story is the most important aspect of the series.