Gaming Thread

I had been avoiding this thread the past few days in case of any ME2:arrival spoilers haha; I just beat it though and while it was interesting, I'm pretty disappointed. I re-installed it and brought it over to my new computer (which btw is fucking INSANE; i can run pretty much any game on full maxed out settings and resolution without any frame rate drop and the only game I can't is Crysis 2 which i'm running on 1920x1080 i think with very high graphics and smooth 60 fps) and it only took me like 2 hours tops and was just running and shooting. pretty much just setting up the plot of the next game which is cool, but for all the work i did kinda a bummer.

either way its all good, i've been playing crysis 2 and man is that shit fun. at the resolution and graphics setting i've got it on it looks fucking amazing, the game sucks you in, the little nuances that add to the first person perspective are amazing, and the action is intense. I only did about maybe an hour so I'm on what would be considered level 3, but now that i beat arrival i'm definitely going to go back and work on that some more before i go back and finish up fallout 3 dlc on max settings.

the most nerdy spring break ever but oh god is it satisfying.

As much as I love DA2, I thought this was fuckin funny

zRliI.jpg

I'm trying to test out my new PC, what are a couple of new games that are really fucking amazing as well as graphically intense? so far I've been playing Crysis 2 and can get 1920x1080 at the 2nd to highest graphics level without ANY slowdowns or hiccups and at a smooth 60 fps (the game btw is fucking fun, i'm super addicted) and basically fucking dominating all my other old games like Fallout 3, NV, all DLC, ME2 + all DLC, Just Cause 2, The Witcher etc.

I've been thinking about Homefront and Bulletstorm but that's all that I can really come up with. I'm looking for a shooter/action game preferably with RPG elements that has a super legit story and will really test my computers hardware.

I think I'll check it out in that case, the reviews seemed like it was eh but it looks like it has a crazy unique art direction which i always love in a game. I'm still trying to beat crysis 2 (at the first night level, starting to feel a bit repetitive yet fun, hopefully it changes up a bit) but after that I think i'll check out bulletstorm.

Finished Dragon Age II

ENDING SPOILERS BEWARE

Sided with the Templars, because mages suck, and let's face it, they were all dirty blood mages anyway. Plus, Anders blowing up the Chantry, that just made it all the more certain who to choose. The final battles in themselves weren't that hard, all it took was enough health potions and occasionally, some inventive kiting (for some reason, both Orsino and Meredith desperately wanted to turn Isabela into mush, even with all the threat regulation I did, so it's their own fault), but I didn't have a lot of trouble with either one, same as the Archdemon in DA:O, the end boss battles don't seem that hard in DA compared to some of the Midboss ones.

As for the characters...

- Isabela stayed with me, and (presumably) a lot of lesbian secks was had.

- Fenris fought at my side against the mages and survived, leaving my company eventually.

- Bethany was left to rest in the Deep Roads, killed by her sister at her own request, choosing to face death rather than becoming Darkspawn.

- Even though I had full friendship with him, Anders still tried to stop me after I'd been merciful and sent him away, so I was forced to kill him on the steps of the Templar hall. Sad to see a character I'd completed both Awakening and DAII with killed by my character's own hand, but it was a good kind of sad.

- Varric was captured by the Chantry, interrogated, and finally set free.

- Despite her horror at what we were forced to do to the mages, Merrill stayed and fought with me, and survived. What happened to her afterwards is unknown.

- Sebastian left me because I'd shown mercy on Anders, and he promised to come back with an army large enough to destroy me and my companions. OK, dude. You seem to forget I'm the protagonist, and no matter how large your army, the game will always give me a good fighting chance.

- Though she disliked me immensely, Aveline still fought with me to destroy both Orsino and Meredith. She survived, and presumably took up her position as Captain of the Guard again.

The ending was a bit tame, and an obvious sequel hook. There was no text detailing what became of the companions, factions, characters etc, and that's just lazy. All in al, it was a good game, but I just couldn't bring myself to feel as connected with the characters as I have with other BioWare games.

lol im playind DA2 now as a mage that sides with the templars. Its completely nonsensical. For example, my character (an apostate) will be lecturing people on why mages belong in the circle. its so ridiculous I may give up and start over.

lol im playind DA2 now as a mage that sides with the templars. Its completely nonsensical. For example, my character (an apostate) will be lecturing people on why mages belong in the circle. its so ridiculous I may give up and start over.
Mages are lame. They dress like women, rant about wanting to be free, and compose effeminate poetry. Templars are armored, judgmental, mage-killing badasses.

Also, Mage Leader:

Orsino.png

Templar Leader:

Meredith.png

Says it all ^_^