Gaming Thread

Haha, no, that was (and still is) Shepard - hey, she had an entire page of backstory to go with the Russian anorexic look, so that means I at least thought it through. No, my Dragon Age character looks different, and so will this one. But she'll definitely be hawt!

is fatal frame the game where you take pictures of ghosts to kill them? i think i rented that as a kid but hated it; but i was more of an fps person. the ps2 had some really weird shit from japan; anyone remember the shooting game with the chick with purple hair? odd stuff.

Another PSX2 question: Are the Fatal Frame, Disgaea and Suikoden series any good? If someone's played them, I'd love to hear your impressions.

Suikoden games tend to start slow, but by the end you tend to get pretty hooked. It's fairly open play, and the stories are good. The only problem I have with them is the price, so if you can find a ROM of it, deffinitely give the first one a chance. I actually own all but the fifth one, only because I bought them as they came out.

I remember playing Fatal Frame briefly and really liking it, but stopped for some reason. I can't recall why...

Disgaea is an absolutely wonderful series. I'm currently playing through Disgaea - Hour of Darkness again and it's a really solid game. If you like Final Fantasy Tactics at all, you'll LOVE Disgaea. :kickass:

Also, I'm currently making some Fire Pro rosters. For those of you that don't know, it's a Japanese wrestling game series that's developed a cult following over the years. It's noted for being the most customizable wrestling game ever created. I'd have to say it is. Right now I'm creating the cast of Hokuto no Ken, I want to see Kenshiro, Raoh, Shen, and Rei in a tag match.

Last edited by a moderator:
shit. that looks amazing. looks like when i upgrade my comp that game will be the one that i'm getting prepared for, the jump from oblivion to that is just damn.

The ending couple of hours (after the gates) were the absolute shit. Seriously, the fucking shit. If I didn't have so many games to still go through (trying to do my 2nd runthrough of Fallout 3 tonight and then being the DLC for the first time) I'd definitely re-install that and get the DLC since I never played any of them and only did bloodmoon for morrowind.

fuck yeah got a PS2/N64 to USB adapter and I am playing FFT and goldeneye and Perfect Dark on emulators, even super smash bros. with some people online.

i love third party software/hardware :p

EDIT: also anyone playing rift? i bought a 3 month subscription and I am on a PvP server, fun so far but i think i might have got a little burnt out in beta...

I tried going back and playing all the classics from my childhood days like Goldeneye, and sadly, it just isn't the same. I played Halo Reach for 3 hours with my friend last night, though, and that game is pretty fun.

So, I finally said fuck it and bought Fallout: New Vegas. I initially didn't purchase it because I knew I'd waste away for at least 2 weeks if I had it. I do enough gaming as it is. I was right. So far, I've spent about 25 hours in 3 days on the damn thing. :kickass: I haven't encountered many glitches but I've had it freeze up on me once or twice. Still, nothing that is tremendously off-putting like screwed up quests. All-in-all I have to say it's been much improved upon and it's an absolutely unruly game.

Suikoden 3 is GREAT, 4 and 5 are shit. Never played the 2D ones, but they're supposed to be classics. What made 3 so great was that it was told ala A Song of Ice and Fire, with three main characters, sometimes you'll see the same scene twice but from another perspective. The characters were great, the game felt great, the atmosphere was great, probably one of my favorite JRPGs.

I picture lady Catelyn Stark as the female main character from the game.

And I doubt Skyrim will be as clunky as Oblivion. Bethesda is going as far to add unique finishing moves to enemies and weapons, but I could honestly give a shit less about combat. All I need is content and I'd BE content (weird, those words are spelled the same way) with a simple attack button.

More theories and evidence on the disappearance of the Dwemer better be there, considering there will be Dwemer ruins and the Sphere Centaurians are back. There is a very cool tour of Bethesda studios on Gameinformer.com