Gaming Thread

none of the mods I gave should do that the qorl's texture pack is the main one its about two gigs and just makes the textures a higher resolution and bitmapped better so they look more realistic but everything should look the same. The illumination just makes it look more alive at night, some windows will be light and some wont then really late night almost all of the are off.

the best part is almost all of the mods are easily turn off-able if you find a mod messing with your game and making it crash you can just turn it off in the menu when you first start the game or if you don't know which one is doing it you can go through the list doing trial and error till you find it. It is pretty rare that a mod actually changes the base game and overwrites system files.

But Oblivion had the retarded-ass leveling system which just ruined it for everyone...plus the story was pretty lame. It wasn't nearly as big and didn't have nearly the amount of ambiance Morrowind had. Morrowind was brown and drab because, well, Morrowind IS brown and drab. As for cliff racers, just put the no cliff racer mod on and they don't attack you anymore.

I enjoyed Oblivion, but I enjoyed Morrowind much more.

But Oblivion had the retarded-ass leveling system which just ruined it for everyone...plus the story was pretty lame. It wasn't nearly as big and didn't have nearly the amount of ambiance Morrowind had. Morrowind was brown and drab because, well, Morrowind IS brown and drab. As for cliff racers, just put the no cliff racer mod on and they don't attack you anymore.

I enjoyed Oblivion, but I enjoyed Morrowind much more.

I agree and disagree. I think the leveling METHOD is cool in that I like the increasing of the skills to determine modifiers and how it works in that you get better at what you use but I also like Fallout 3's style which is why I like both games and think they have a cool niche. I definitely agree on the scaling of the monsters and equipment though and think they really fucked up, it would be MUCH better if yes they did have some scaling, but they made it so that there were dungeons/areas that were super tough and had great shit and some that were for beginner. So far I've played maybe 10-15 hours and had to adjust the difficulty bar 2 times because one quest was fucking IMPOSSIBLE yet the arena was so easy it was not even funny. However I hear for Skyrim they're doing exactly what I want some I'm definitely down for that.

Morrowind I don't even remember the story but I thought Oblivion was actually pretty good tbh. Some of it was lame and forced (Martin Septim being such a fucking pussy at the beginning) but a lot of it and the whole going into oblivion aspect was pretty fuckin rad. Honestly with so many quests I think the main story is just a small part and there are facets of it which are good and facets which suck (same in Fallout) but then again with those kinda games the main story has side quests which are equally as engrossing whereas other games focus ALL on the main story.

in terms of mods, I've noticed you can turn them off and on yes but for that texture mod it said in the readme I had to use the oblivion mod manager to replace system files since it won't load them naturally, is there a version that comes in the file you just turn on in the data files segment like I did for shivering isles, the water mod and everything in fallout? mine was an exe but if there's a version i can just turn off and on in the data files i'd be down to try ANY mod.

hmm the one I got just has a meshes and textures files that you add then i woudl assume if you want to uninstall it you just delete those files. i'm not sure what i got it from its been sitting in my external for a good year.

also it looks like they acknowledged oblivions down points and are going to correct them for skyrim.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/03/11/b...ivion-sacrificed-what-made-morrowind-special/

sorry if this is old news I dled oblivion in steam and this was the first headline

none of the mods I gave should do that the qorl's texture pack is the main one
It's *Qarl's Texture Pack, might help to make searches actually turn up anything :)

And Enemy242, install Oblivion Mod Manager. It's a great little program, much better than the game's built-in mod selector. Plus, many mods can only be unpacked with OMM.

The mods I use:
mods.jpg

But Oblivion had the retarded-ass leveling system which just ruined it for everyone...
True, the level scaling was dumb. OOO fixed it very well though.

As for cliff racers, just put the no cliff racer mod on and they don't attack you anymore.
Despite what I just stated, saying you can mod the game to eliminate annoyances should not be an argument to the game's benefit.

You know what it is with MW? Most people who played it were several years younger than they were when they played OB. It's only normal that you enjoy games more the younger you are.

I am replaying Dragon Age again. This time I am playing as a hot rogue elf. I would have to say that this class is the best one out of the bunch. I am enjoying the rogue class a lot more than Warrior and Mage.

I play this game for the storyline.

It's *Qarl's Texture Pack, might help to make searches actually turn up anything :)

And Enemy242, install Oblivion Mod Manager. It's a great little program, much better than the game's built-in mod selector. Plus, many mods can only be unpacked with OMM.

The mods I use:
mods.jpg

True, the level scaling was dumb. OOO fixed it very well though.

Despite what I just stated, saying you can mod the game to eliminate annoyances should not be an argument to the game's benefit.

You know what it is with MW? Most people who played it were several years younger than they were when they played OB. It's only normal that you enjoy games more the younger you are.

fuck, you have a ton of mods. i'm definitely going to get mod manager because yeah it's become a pain in the ass and there are a lot i want to try and be able to toggle on/off (in case it ruins the atmosphere of the game for me). so far i'm just digging it normally and using ones that are kinda essential to making the game better like the unofficial patch, realistic water, map markers etc. if there is a mod for more draw distance/added objects that'd be great too because one thing that bugs me is standing on the mountain near cloud ruler temple and looking out and seeing these weird barren ugly textured mountains when i have everything on max in terms of distance and everything else. it doesn't seem to happen when in the forest on hills but when you're up in the mountains those distant ones just look ugly as shit (but looking down and seeing towns in the distance that you can walk to or the imperial city is fuckin orgasmic)

Well, first time or not, I really recommend OOO. It fixes all the shit level scaling so you won't get bandits attacking you in full Daedric armour over a piffling hundred gold. It really makes the game better, and makes leveling less pointless.

Also, it has the awesome-looking DarkUI mod integrated which makes the interface look much better.

still playing Oblivion, I'm about 35-40 hours in and still addicting as hell. the one problem i'm having now is I'm not sure what are the best quests to do; closing oblivion gates and finding random spots is cool but i want some really interesting and crazy quests. so far I've done:

Fighters Guild Master
Arena Grand Champion
most of the Thieves Guild (i know there's good stuff so i'm saving it for later)
up to collect a daedric artifact for the main quest (again saving this)
Collected 3 of the Knights of the Nine artifacts (this is what i'm doing until i find a new quest)
done all the other DLC except shivering isles which I'm saving
Bruma countess mission
Knights of the thorn mission
a bunch of other small random ones i can't remember that well, i'm looking for shit that is awesome and crazy

I know about the dark brotherhood and stuff like that but I'm looking for something super fun, interesting and unique that isn't 100% evil (trying to keep ok fame) but will knock my socks off. Anyone remember anything specific that I could do? I'm at level 25 or so with some pretty ridiculously good gear so I feel like it's stagnating a bit and just becoming close oblivion gates, find new thing, etc.

The Shivering Isles content is quite special.

yeah i'm really looking forward to it since it just sounds so crazy. I just finished The Knights Of The Nine i think and the main quest in that was reallyyy fucking cool
SPOILER
SPOILER
Speaking to the spirits above cyrodil was trippy as fuck and when you have to fight the evil dude in the cavern and then above cyrodil was fucking epic. I liked how it wasn't just new locations but had new powers and new feelings even though some times felt cheesy.

I'm still debating giving Dragon Age 2 a shot. The whole 3rd person, more tactics, and similar areas I've read about in reviews are kinda sketching me out, but I guess eventually I'll give it a shot if I finish Oblivion and Fallout 3 and New Vegas by the time Fable 3 and Duke Nukem are released (dunno about that since I haven't even scratched the surface of new vegas besides the main quest).

Well, Steve and Max always rant about Mass Effect, so I finally caved and dished out a measly $15 for the first one. Here goes nothin'...

its okay i guess

as for OOO, it was pretty good, after a couple hours meticulously installing various things in a special order. And it all was great... until I went into the main big city and discovered the whole place was all kinds of messed up. cba reconfiguring everything ;_;

Portal 2 tomorrow!

I feel like I should be pumped for that but I'm totally not. I never played the first one and the idea of an entire game of puzzles would probably drive me crazy. I love some carefully placed puzzles but constant puzzles with no narrative/shooting/leveling up/other aspects would just drain me.

I feel like I should be pumped for that but I'm totally not. I never played the first one and the idea of an entire game of puzzles would probably drive me crazy. I love some carefully placed puzzles but constant puzzles with no narrative/shooting/leveling up/other aspects would just drain me.

Yeah, my least favorite part of RPGs are the obligatory puzzles. A whole game of that doesn't sound too fun.