Gaming Thread

He's running in circles, squealing like a fangirl in IRC. Mikey likes it.
Good. Goooooood.

Yeah, my least favorite part of RPGs are the obligatory puzzles. A whole game of that doesn't sound too fun.
Yeah I've always hated those damn puzzles too. That, and those overly long, tedious 'old school' dungeon crawls. It's what put me off Drakensang, which was otherwise quite a good game.

After playing it a little I gave up on it pretty fast.... gamewise it's nothing more than a prettier WoW, with just as much grind and all the hassle and stuff that is exactly the same as WoW, just with a new sticker on it. If that doesn't bother you then by all means go for it but besides that I just got tired when I found myself grinding on and on and on. It has some new cool concepts but they sadly turn into a grindfest as well :/

As for Portal 2.... it's pretty amazing yeah

waiting for Skyrim is giving me the worst case of blue balls ever. every time i watch the trailer or any footage/pics i get so fucking excited. though i am considering portal 2 since i've been playing oblivion so much and i need a bethesda break; hows the difficulty level? will i have many moments of awesome puzzle conquest or slamming my head against the desk screaming?

not as much as the teasers/trailers, they took some shit out but its less the puzzles and more the overall quality of the game, they add new elements and physics that make the puzzles really really cool and the story is awesome, lots of good lulz and the characters and interactions are all really well done.

also I really liked the music there are parts where you use a certain gel to jump higher than normal and every time you do it makes a musical sequence that is actually in key with the background music so i sat in a room for like a half an hour just making music lol.

Yea, it's a shit, buggy game.

Portal 2 I regret beating.

221770_699653047717_19609892_36710087_7382126_n.jpg

alright you guys convinced me, portal 2 this weekend instead of oblivion.

unrelated but any of you who are pumped for DX:HR have you heard they're allowing you to turn the highlighting off now? I'm so fucking happy; the community of pc gamers was going apeshit about the highlighting (which i think isn't the end of the world but was reallyyy obnoxious since it highlighted in gold any useable item even far away and the original deus ex is in my top games) so now they made a couple new options. you can turn off the highlighting, turn off the mission objective markers, turn off the cam for melee kills/takedowns (supposedly) and a few others. to be honest i'm surprised they have so many settings for a game that is mostly directed at the consoles (sad how pc gaming is losing fans these days) but this makes a huge difference because it takes out the one thing that really made me freak out about the game and now i can play it on the hardest difficulty setting with highlighting and mission markers off and hopefully play the REAL deus ex successor.

though they are doing the pc version at another studio. i know they're just porting it and the thing will be the same but still it pisses me off consoles have so many good aspects like a higher sales base and thus a lot of the time get more focus (eidos montreal is doing the console ones and then supposedly checking up on the port all the time but still i think it could get sketchy) plus they get more optimized to use shitty hardware yet get great results while even with great pc's sometimes we have a lot of bugs, fuckups, not optimized graphic options etc. pc gaming is the fucking shit and always will be yet the hoards of console gamers who just want to plug in and play are slowly killing a lot of great pc games.

tl;dr deus ex 3 rules, consoles are destroying a lot of pc gaming still