Gaming Thread

This is pure LOL for anyone who plays Eve. It's so true. I love this game but goddamn it's frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:
2lw6bte.jpg

Skyrim Orc. Theres a cool Khajit pic as well.

Yeah skyrim is going to be amazing, i hate that it's so far away. i've been following a good amount of the info and already it's seeming better than oblivion (which is difficult because as i've posted many times in this thread, im still playing oblivion and loving it and am now just considering messing around with mods).

i'm also really looking forward to the witcher 2. i probably won't be able to play it right when it comes out considering i have a bunch of stuff i want to 100% finish first (witcher 1, oblivion (almost there), fallout 3 (kinda there), new vegas, portal 2) so i've got an assload of stuff to do already. bethesda games seriously make it so you always have stuff to play; i'm attempting to drag myself away from them long enough to play witcher 1 (which i've only started and am starting to get into) and portal 2 but it is impossibleee.

i know stormo has used a bunch of mods but have any of you guys used the really insane mods for oblivion? like graphics extender, god rays, scripts, tons of different lods etc? I'm trying to find a collection of mods to totally pimp it out and make it look amazing but it's hard since so many things control the same area roughly and i can't find th ebest scripts, textures, effects etc that don't conflict and are easy to install. if someone would just make an omod of all the best graphics stuff that'd be fucking AMAZING.

It will be better than Oblvion no matter what, since the level scaling is toned down. Perks are great, sucks they took out attributes, though.

I'm not happy about HURR DURR DRAGONS though. Fuck Dragons, that's just effort that could have gone into something unique and original.

Since Morrowind is all but destroyed and invaded by Argonians, my Dunmer will literally kill every Argonian NPC in the game, as well as every Imperial Legion member.

I'm just pissed I can't cast spells with a two hand sword. This equip spell in hand thing is a useless gimick.

I just beat Portal and Portal 2 yesterday and today. Portal seemed more challenging than 2, and the test chamber 18 where you have to fly really high and climb those platforms blew my fucking mind. I was so high and it made it that much more fun.

It will be better than Oblvion no matter what, since the level scaling is toned down. Perks are great, sucks they took out attributes, though.

I'm not happy about HURR DURR DRAGONS though. Fuck Dragons, that's just effort that could have gone into something unique and original.

Since Morrowind is all but destroyed and invaded by Argonians, my Dunmer will literally kill every Argonian NPC in the game, as well as every Imperial Legion member.

I'm just pissed I can't cast spells with a two hand sword. This equip spell in hand thing is a useless gimick.

the level changing i think is bittersweet tbh. i like the leveling in fallout 3 a lot but i also didn't mind the oblivion leveling despite all the shit people give it (using your main skills to level i thought was innovative and interesting beyond just plain old xp). though i will miss the deep customization and management of skills while keeping the game fast paced (using acrobatics and athletics to increase your movement speed i actually liked), i think the new system will be great in that even though they're taking out a lot of the things i liked from morrowind and oblivion, you'll now be able to create the character in the way you see fit and i won't have to do what i'm doing now in oblivion (using axe's just to level up my blunt skill so i can raise levels despite HATING axes). I think either way i'm going to love the new system a lot more though i will miss some of the old things because this feels to me kinda like mass effect - me2 in that a lot of the things are dumbed down but it ends up being a lot cooler in that in skyrim you'll truly create your character instead of just going through lists.

i don't understand what you said about argnonians (i'm not up on the elder scrolls lore as much as i should be), explain without spoilers plz? the universe is so interesting but even though i'm into it its hard to really understand everything thats going on.

i agree with the new spell thing though; i understand that they're trying to make you have to choose what you do and include new gameplay mechanics but i seriously think that you shouldn't have to equip a spell to one hand considering a spell (the way i think of it at least) shouldn't be bound to you holding up your bare hand to the sky or some shit. i'm going to love the new weapon hand style with dual wielding but yeah that spell thing seems lame although i disagree with the dragons; i think it's necessary as it seems to me like those will be a replacement for the oblivion gates (which is a hugeee relief to me, going through random oblivion gates that are all similar with the same enemies has really started to bother me and there are fucking 60). the dragon mechanics from what i've seen seems pretty interesting in that you can't just swing at them and you actually ahve to do special things, you get a cool sequence and power after you defeat them, and they'll feel large in scale kinda like in half life 2 when you first saw the striders. i'd take battling dragons in crazy unique fights to entering a billion repeated oblivion gates any day (only the unique ones were interesting plus once you've gotten to level 25 or so seeing the same daedra over and over fucking blows).

this is kinda a harsh thing against oblivion since i know its old but i'm really hoping they have more characters, armor, npc's and creatures. one thing that i liked about oblivions leveling was how as you got stronger you'd see new creatures, but once you hit level 25 or so its the same 20 over and over and over. i only get excited now when i see unique ones and i'm hoping skyrim can remedy that. i know most of you guys hate that style so i'd be fine even if they just had different parts of the map having different creatures and difficulties (which it seems like most want), as long as the more powerful i get and the more i explore the more creatures i can see and not have to kill a million spider daedras (fuck you) and daedroths.

bethesda is a fucking great company and i love the fact that when i get tired of one game, i can jump to another for an experience that is overall similar, yet a completely different world, style, gameplay and many other things. i never get tired of their games sicne you can sink 100+ hours into each and if i play oblivion, get tired of it, play fallout3, play new vegas, i can then go back into oblivion and appreciate everything about it. i'm so addicted to oblivion its crazy in that i realllyy want to play fallout 3 more since i haven't done any side quests and try out some mods but i gotta finish everything in oblivion first. arghhh.

Couldn't agree more.

Anyway, there is a shitty ES book that is cannon written by an idiot. I could write a better book than this moron, it was like a childrens book.

Anyway, The Ministry of Truth fell out of the sky once Vivec acheived Chim and left, caused Red Mountain to erupt, and destroyed most of Morrowind. Then the Argonians invaded, and most of the DUnmer fled to Solstheim and a few in eastern Skyrim.

There's a cannon roleplay by the devs called "The Trial of Vivec" it's a very interesting read! Also, I'm glad there are Dwemer ruins in Skyrim. I want to learn more about them.

Skyrim will have a city called "Windhelm" smack dab next to the border of Morrowind thats very Dunmer influenced.

haha i think he's calling us nerds. it is pretty nerdy though, sometimes when i'm playing it i get so engrossed in the world that i get wayyy too into it but oh well. yeah i'm really interested in it; i haven't played morrowind in forever but i liked the environment for what it was (now that they have mods that make the graphics amazing i'm considering going back although the fog from the shitty draw distance actually ended up adding to the atmosphere for me). i'm really curious as to how the art direction will look as thats a hugeee part of the games for me. morrowind had a really dull and drab look with tons of fog which seemed really gloomy yet fit it well, while with the technological advancements cyrodill didn't have that and was more lively and diverse. skyrim seems mountainous and i'm really pumped to explore it since it'll be really different (although i'm worried since if there aren't many wide open areas and its all just traveling through mountains that would annoy me.

cool that you mentioned new ruins though, i hadn't read about that and that sounds really interesting. the high elf ruins in cyrodill had a really cool style so i'm pumped to see what they come up with for skyrim. with all the technology they have at their disposal and new techniques i'm sure it'll blow everything else away and be one of my top games, it's always fun to play games with a lively world with an interesting art direction instead of random generic war shooter #232123123 (which is why when i find ones that are unique i get super into them like deus ex).

by the time skyrim comes out i'll probably have 100% beaten oblivion, fallout 3, new vegas, and gone back and mega graphics modded morrowind and beat that again so i'll be hella ready for skyrim; the one thing i would really like to see now though is another video of actual gameplay that shows more of the land and style since all we've seen so far is just mountainous areas (either in winter or not).

i've never played any before III but to be honest I don't think i could. the graphics would hold me back a lot since most of the great aspects are about being in that totally different realm and getting engulfed in the world. however due to me being an idiot and buying both III and IV on consoles first I've probably put about 250 hours into them combined since I put about 80 into morrowind on xbox, about 40 into morrowind on PC, about 50 - 60 into Oblivion on 360 and now 60 into Oblivion on PC. I estimate Skyrim will be the highest yet since there will be so much stuff to do plus back in the day usually I wouldn't finish every quest, now I do.

Daggerfall wasn't great. All the towns are pretty much the same. TES didn't get good til Morrowind, and to be honest, that was the best. Felt way more immersive than Oblivion.