Gaming Thread

Graphics simply aren't going to get much better. Even the new Unreal engine looks exactly like the old one. At this point there's not much left to do but improve physics.

And yeah Enemy, it looks awesome. And I've never met a Call of Duty player I didn't want to shoot right in the face, that game attracts the worst kind of gamer. They're killing the industry. 8 dollars a month for content? You gotta be kidding me.

Graphics can always get better until the game is indistinguishable from reality, however, good graphics don't make or break a good game IMO. It's annoying how many people tend to see graphics as the defining feature of the game and how good graphics equals a good game. It's like people who thought Star Wars was good in the day. Nevermind the shitty dialogue, dumbass plot and all the other shit. It's all about special effects.

And yeah, Call of Duty is the new Counterstrike. Attracts the worst kind of gamers. Boring games anyways. There's only so many ways you can shoot someone in the face before it becomes massively boring.

Speaking of Skyrim, I wonder if they will have children in it. One of the things I enjoyed about Fallout 3 was getting the mod that allowed you to kill children, and then going to that schoolhouse on the top right of the map and slaughtering the whole classroom. It was beautiful.

Speaking of Skyrim, I wonder if they will have children in it. One of the things I enjoyed about Fallout 3 was getting the mod that allowed you to kill children, and then going to that schoolhouse on the top right of the map and slaughtering the whole classroom. It was beautiful.

the republic of dave? yeah I remember that as well, it was a really weird area and eventually i ended up killing everyone as well (forget why, something happened though) except the kids which bugged me just because they were impervious to bullets. i didn't plan to kill them but when they kept catching strays and not reacting that was annoying (maybe i'm just weird).

i love fallout 3 and new vegas, i keep trying to force myself to finish honest hearts (do not like it) so i can go back and play more and discover new locations, but i gotta say i love the capital wasteland so much more. new vegas to me has much better gameplay so if they had the gameplay and features of new vegas in the capital wasteland that would be perfect, but oh well. this weekend i plan on finishing up Oblivion again (now just doing side quests + shivering isles which i never did surprisingly) and then going back to fallout 3 and finishing up anchorage and point lookout + exploring some more. bethesda rules and im happy other games are working with them like rage (looks amazing) and prey 2 (looks like fans of the series will be pissed it's going off on a tangent but i love what i've seen so far and it looks very blade runner and badass). both of those games are pushing graphics as well as art direction/gameplay from what i've seen so far and i cannot wait to see how they turn out with such great companies working on them and cool concepts.

You never did Shivering Isles? You are in for a WONDERFUL experience. It is TEN times better than ANYTHING in Oblivion.

Every single part of it. Story, lore, character faces, atmosphere, quest, it destroys Oblivion in every way possible.

i bet dnf is going to get bad reviews, it really is just duke 3d with some modern touches. i gotta say i'm enjoying it though (not worth $50 however), it's just some good shoot em up fun and a lot of cool things to interact with (one level in a strip club i played duke pinball for probably 20 minutes straight as they make you want to do interactive things because if you complete them you get a health bonus, definitely an incentive that makes me want to interact with the world). i'd say they did a pretty good job putting duke into now and while yeah there's bad graphics, yeah some jokes repeat a lot, yeah it's simple, yeah some things are kinda sketchy, overall it has a lot of fun interactive things with purpose, cool levels, funny lines, lightning fast load times (might just be my comp despite having everything maxed), and overall is enjoyable. so far the story seems ridiculous and the first couple levels were kinda boring but definitely picked up.

My main problem with it is the linearity. In the old games there were multiple ways to traverse the map. This one is like a rail road. Point A to Point B, cutscene, and repeat.

I can agree with that, the only level I didn't feel that on was the level where you're outside in Vegas. I think they accomplished what they were going for which is just a simple "blow shit up and spout one liners" game but it's definitely not going to win any awards. I was expecting much worse however from what I had heard so I'm glad it wasn't so atrociously painful to play (again except those first levels or a couple really frustrating spots); sadly i won't be able to finish it this weekend but hopefully on monday i can blast through it and it'll keep up the action that it has now (the western level in the demo was sooo lame so i'm not looking forward to that at all)

Hey guys I'm sorry I post so much in this thread. I just really love video games.

don't worry, i'll always bother people more with my wall of text ranting about games haha and that's an interesting article. trailers are interesting as they get people pumped about games and can be artistic, but i don't ever use them to gauge the quality of a game as they don't show the graphics, don't really tell anything and are just there to pump it up. i never even make the slightest assumption until i see some gameplay, kinda like how deus ex human revolution i knew i'd like it and while the trailers are interesting, i didn't use them to know i'd like the game. i'd far prefer if they made one crazy artistic trailer and then the rest was actual in game footage so we could actually know something about it.

Currently playing Duke Nukem Forever.

All I can say is thank goodness I didn't buy this game. It's just, well, MEH. Bland, too. And frustrating.

1zvqtdh.jpg