Gaming Thread

You'd think it wouldn't take that much of a mod to change the Fallout 3 system to match the New Vegas one. I suppose adding in iron sights for the weapons could be an issue.

i don't really like mods much as they tend to screw up the game for me (not very experienced) and just don't feel natural except for certain ones. I do like screwing around with them sometimes, but most of the time i just like playing the game as it was meant to be played; it just feels better for me. the things i liked in new vegas are how the factions relate to each other/you, a lot of the different inventory/item changes they had going on, ironsights etc. putting it into fallout 3 just wouldn't work or feel right so while i miss the changes, i'm fine without them as it's just a different experience. i'm getting decently close to exploring a lot of the wasteland so soon i'll go back and do more shivering isles and then after that finish up new vegas and honest hearts (which fucking sucks, ugh).

so true. and also the reason my friend buys every nintendo system no matter what and tells me microsoft and sony fail in comparison because they don't have pikmin and like 3 other good games *facepalm*

Nintendo now days is not all that great. However, Nintendo will always be the reason why I have loved gaming ever since I was little. Nintendo does not seem to appeal to many gamers these days. Now it may be boring, but back then it was far from it.

<3 Nintendo

The emulators folder on my keychain usb stick has, among other things, my top 10 SNES games. I get as much enjoyment out of them as I do any modern PC game.

But yes, Nintendo can suck a bag of dicks.

I don't hate them for it.

The new Mario games have all been great, Zelda never fails to be fun. Smash Bros is perfect when you and some friends are wasted. I just wish they would take more chances with new IP along side it, instead of dumb shit like Luigi's Mansion. (why is that getting a sequel? Ugh.) And remake after remake.

I've played Ocarina of Time so much I can visualize every pixel, why must there be a 3DS remake? They should have added a third story arc to the Ocarina/Majoras Mask timeline. That would have been a day one purchase.

Skyward Sword looks very promising, though. Miyamoto said if it isn't the best Zelda game, they won't make anymore. And since it has the same director as Oracle of Seasons/Ages, I'm excited. The graphics look very refreshing in our world of brown and bloom.

i've been playing shivering isles along with fo3 and i'm loving it, thanks for making me play it everyone who recommended! its odd going back to oblivion because even though i love it, a lot of things are really outdated and aren't holding up as well (don't get me wrong, they don't ruin the game but some of the graphics can be really bad and i don't like high quality texture packs and whatnot as i feel its not the way it was intended to be, just gotta live with it). also the fact that you cant do AA with HDR is pretty ridiculous, but oh well. Sheogorath is fucking HILARIOUS and the dialogue and characters are super fun and interesting. the quests can be a little bit of a bore sometimes (so far i just did the quests/met the 2 leaders that are in the dementia and mania courts) but the dialogue, items, enemies and things that come out of it definitely make up for it and i'm pumped to do more stuff and explore the actually different world.

it makes me miss REAL expansion packs, not this $10 2 hour dlc crap that happens a lot. there are some great dlc's but most of them i seriously can't justify paying for (like operation anchorage, not worth much at all but semi enjoyable) yet shivering isles is a true expansion. even though it costs more than other dlc it has a hugeee amount of content, puts in an entirely new world, adds tons of new things and is a real addition to the game. unfortunately it seems as time goes on dlc just gets more expensive, even less expansive and more pre-planned out as they start to just hold things off from the game to sell of as dlc instead of create new things.

Nintendo now days is not all that great. However, Nintendo will always be the reason why I have loved gaming ever since I was little. Nintendo does not seem to appeal to many gamers these days. Now it may be boring, but back then it was far from it.

<3 Nintendo

I think Nintendo is more innovative than any other company out there, it's just that they pander to 12 year olds and party games. Ok Zelda is great, Mario is always great, but I'm not 12 years old anymore, and when I WAS 12 I always preferred Contra, Jackal, Blaster Master, RBI Baseball, Tecmo Bowl, and Top Gun. On SNES I loved Zelda and a ton of others. After that, aside from Goldeneye, everything just seemed to suck. The Wii is great and there are a ton of great games on there, but nothing like Fallout 3 or Skyrim or anything that immersive.

It just seems to be designed for kids these days, and that's a shame.

i've been playing shivering isles along with fo3 and i'm loving it, thanks for making me play it everyone who recommended! its odd going back to oblivion because even though i love it, a lot of things are really outdated and aren't holding up as well (don't get me wrong, they don't ruin the game but some of the graphics can be really bad and i don't like high quality texture packs and whatnot as i feel its not the way it was intended to be, just gotta live with it). also the fact that you cant do AA with HDR is pretty ridiculous, but oh well. Sheogorath is fucking HILARIOUS and the dialogue and characters are super fun and interesting. the quests can be a little bit of a bore sometimes (so far i just did the quests/met the 2 leaders that are in the dementia and mania courts) but the dialogue, items, enemies and things that come out of it definitely make up for it and i'm pumped to do more stuff and explore the actually different world.

it makes me miss REAL expansion packs, not this $10 2 hour dlc crap that happens a lot. there are some great dlc's but most of them i seriously can't justify paying for (like operation anchorage, not worth much at all but semi enjoyable) yet shivering isles is a true expansion. even though it costs more than other dlc it has a hugeee amount of content, puts in an entirely new world, adds tons of new things and is a real addition to the game. unfortunately it seems as time goes on dlc just gets more expensive, even less expansive and more pre-planned out as they start to just hold things off from the game to sell of as dlc instead of create new things.

One cool thing, Bethesda said for Skyrim they're going to release less DLC than Fallout 3, and try to make it closer to an actual expansion pack than DLC.

What I also thought was promising, during the closed door 30 minute demo, at one point a dragon swept down, ate a guard, and flew away. On another part of the demo, when hit with a frenzy spell, a bandit ran to the top of a tower and threw his friend out of the window. Todd Howard laughed and said he had never seen that before.

One cool thing, Bethesda said for Skyrim they're going to release less DLC than Fallout 3, and try to make it closer to an actual expansion pack than DLC.

What I also thought was promising, during the closed door 30 minute demo, at one point a dragon swept down, ate a guard, and flew away. On another part of the demo, when hit with a frenzy spell, a bandit ran to the top of a tower and threw his friend out of the window. Todd Howard laughed and said he had never seen that before.

where is this demo you speak of? i only saw the thing that they showed on everyyy live stream at e3 with the cave/running water, fighting the dragon on the plains, and the wolly mammoths. I'd love to see more but then again I don't know if that'd really matter haha, my anticipation for the game is so high I know i'm going to love it and seeing more would probably just make me even more anxious. after playing oblivion last night i seriously cannot wait for skyrim (65 hours into my current oblivion save, over 100 into my last one, 50 hours in my current fallout 3 save, over 50 in my last, 50 hours into my new vegas save pretty much means bethesda owns my gaming life.)

Unfortunately, there's no way to see the whole demo, as it was closed off. But what I mentioned was reported by a few journalist.

This whole Skyrim thing is like a Deja Vu back to when I was waiting for Oblivion. I've dreamed about it several times, the other night was particularly epic. The sky was red, lava was everywhere, I was fighting Alduin. (that's the Nordic variation of Akatosh "The World Eater", he will more than likely be the final boss of Skyrim. My lightining magic did practically nothing, I had to resort to a bow, which I had no skill in (I was inside the game living it).

If anyone cares to read, which I doubt anyone will, these will be my characters.

Revan Dro'Vexus
Dunmer Battlemage
One hand sword and lightning magic
Forced from Morrowind after the Ministry of Truth fell and Red Mountain erupted, seeks the College of Winterhold, the only other main Dunmer refuge aside from Solstheim.

Ragnar Lodbrok
Nordic Berserker
Dual Wield Axes

Numbnuts McGee
Argonian Eunuch
Lost testicles in an epic battle against a mudcrab. Travels to Skyrim in hopes of obtaining a pair of Dragonballs to call his own.

1IThx.jpg