Gaming Thread

I haven't seen the transformers movies and don't plan to.

same. never saw any, and won't. never saw any of the xmen or spiderman movies either. fucking gay if you ask me. i hate comic book shit, except for the last batman. that was cool. but, i decided that i actually hate movies, pretty much. at least american movies.

anyone ever see hobo with a shotgun? is it out yet?

haha wow some MW haters up in this bitch, eh? fuckers. i didn't even play black ops for mw2. the first mw was cool. mw3 LOOKS sick. as in the graphics LOOK GOOD.

Battlefield 3 looks far more interesting. As does the new Uncharted. Those games are taking chances. Trying new things.

The COD franchise is just a huge cash crop made with only the intention of squeezing every penny out of you they can. No innovation, the worst online community ever (makes World of Warcraft people seem scholarly) and most of all, this evil, evil, bastard.

1zynaw.jpg

I had to laugh when he wanted to play the BF3 demo at E3 and they told him he couldn't.

But hey, what am I saying? COD UP IN THIS BITCH! ITS SICK YO! DEM GRAPHICS MAN!

I played Modern Warfare 2, thought it was nice, and so will play MW3 because I'm ok with it. Not a COD fanboy at all, just didn't happen to dislike the series so I'll follow it.

Some new Skyrim stuff...

Tavern brawls
Relationships/Marriages presumably with any non main quest NPC (ehhhh)
Cuirass and greaves merged, in exchange for more NPCs on screen and more armor sets, which are also customizable to an extent. (I'm fine with this, because mixing armor types usually looks bad in any game.)

So...the fan Q&A we waited two months for gave 3 new pieces of information out of over 200 submissions and 25 questions selected. Four more months until release.

They need to show clearer pictures of the elves, damn it!

it's weird but welcome in that i'm actually not insanely pumped anymore. obviously i am pumped for skyrim/human revolution etc but i got so many games from a steam sale that recently i've been able to tone it down a bit and not drive myself crazy haha (as well as finishing up si, nv, fo3 and starting morrowind). there are so many great games coming out there will be things to keep me occupied until skyrim but i can't even imagine how many hours i'll sink into that beast. i'm re-doing the witcher 2 right now with the scoiatel and even this has taken forever. old games up until hr, hr until rage/battlefield, rage/battlefield until skyrim. stoked.

Check this out, dude. It's a big Russian fanmade project mod of Oblivion, with a lot of people working on it. I'll never be able to run it, though. :'[

I've never seen a more sophisticated mod in my life. And anytime they are unsure if they're breaking lore or not, they get Michael Kirkbride to confirm it for them.

No, modded Oblivion doesn't do this trailer justice. This might just be the most amazing independent game ever made.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoTFPoAjTq4&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

It's mostly Dark Elves I like, though I like em' all. I like that they come in different sub-species, and they're usually versatile.

Well, I like every fantasy race except for cat people or gnolls and such. Animal fantasy races are just ridiculous, except lizard men, they're cool.

I prefer the oppressed elves of DA lore. Love the ghetto city elves.

That makes me wish you followed the story of Elder Scrolls, because the Dark Elves went from slave owners with the second most powerful armies on the continent to...

Having their living gods slain, most of its homeland destroyed by a volcano, invaded from every side by Orcs, Nords, and Lizard-Men, enslaved in some cases, and the majority of the (surviving) population forced to retreat to a small Nord island or to the Nordic country of Skyrim, who are racist toward Elves.

Check this out, dude. It's a big Russian fanmade project mod of Oblivion, with a lot of people working on it. I'll never be able to run it, though. :'[

I've never seen a more sophisticated mod in my life. And anytime they are unsure if they're breaking lore or not, they get Michael Kirkbride to confirm it for them.

No, modded Oblivion doesn't do this trailer justice. This might just be the most amazing independent game ever made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoTFPoAjTq4&feature=player_embedded

so is this an oblivion mod/tc? whats the deal with this? my computer is pretty fucking strong so i can run most anything out so after i finish up oblivion 100% (still working haha) i'm going to do morroblivion i decided and this seems it'd be cool too (i was considering doing morrowind again but honestly having to deal with the awful combat really won't do it for me so i'm about 60% chance going to do morroblivion, 40% chance going to just do morrowind since morroblivion has all the same items etc).

really elder scrolls is something i enjoy but im not into the lore as much as anyone here i'm sure, i'm assuming the dark elves lived in morrowind since you talked about a volcano? i'm just pumped for skyrim for all the gameplay stuff and to get more into the lore hopefully and really explore it.

Also has anyone seen the new crysis 2 direct x 11 thing? fucking hell, it looks ridiculous. now with gaming graphics we're exponentially growing in terms of lighting/reflections/water/tactile aspects etc. seeing crysis 2 with full reflections on everything, the most amazing water i've seen yet (there is some great water in games but man, this is the best yet), insanely tesselated bricks that look great etc really blew me away and made me wish i could run it. i can run it on top settings and max res and get a decent frame rate (just feeling a tinnyyy bit sluggish) but i can't even imagine how much this would destroy my computer with the direct x 11 and high res pack haha. i'm going to try it out next week just to see how it works but i can't wait for games coming out in half a year or so that will perfect all this tech and make it even better, easier to run and in more games. its hard to imagine what will be out in 5 years since it'll be photorealistic yet able to have worlds unlike our own; some seriously crazy shit.