Gaming Thread

I think the entire reason why I feel Morrowind is superior is that you have to literally go on an epic journey and become someone else entirely in order to defeat him.
Possibly, but I also think that for many people, nostalgia goggles have a lot to do with it, probably same thing for me and Daggerfall.

Though Daggerfall did have pixillated boobies!

haha wow then i'm even MORE excited for skyrim as I'm just finishing up the shivering isles and I think it's AMAZING. seriously, the characters are actually interesting and have far more personality than i felt in oblivion (and i LOVE oblivion) and i actually couldn't wait to hear what shaeogorath would say and do next. with morrowind's depth and shivering isles considering i can't wait to see what they do with skyrim. the only thing i'm concerned about is that they have more unique areas. oblivion was pretty typical and skyrim seems like it'll be that way as well with mountains and tundra being about it (with oblivion having mountains and plains/farmland) yet morrowind had microclimates all over the place and the difference between balmora and that one city with the huge dust storm was insane. i lost my morrowind goty box so i think i'm going to get it off steam for like $14, play that a bit, then check out morroblivion and see how it transfered over.

one thing i would personally like for skyrim (or any upcoming rpg) is if your choices determined how your character looked a bit. if you have max strength you shouldn't be the same build and other skills should influence that as well. the evil/good thing i don't mind as that's really cliche as when you become more evil you look that way, but seriously it'd be nice to see different body types reflect your character or things like skin tone if you're magic (they tend to be pale for some reason) or scars if you're constantly fighting (maybe more lean if you're a stealth and athletic character). i remember fable originally said they'd do these things when it was announced yet it didnt end up really working that well because peter always overstates everything.

Well good news. Skyrim has many different environment types. Snow, forest plains, volcanic tundra, just to name a few.

And you do get to choose your characters build. Weather slim, built, or anything between.

I already know absolutely every little detail about ME3 that has been released, speculated on, contemplated, and/or farted out. Watching preview videos has already spoiled two awesome moments for me. I really wish I had your self control.

this has probably been posted on an earlier page but i can't be bothered to search.

i am so incredibly pumped for this game now...it looks amazing. the level of details they're aiming for is astounding. i simply cannot wait for this!

Last edited by a moderator:
I already know absolutely every little detail about ME3 that has been released, speculated on, contemplated, and/or farted out. Watching preview videos has already spoiled two awesome moments for me. I really wish I had your self control.
Don't wish, just do as I do and refrain from watching previews and following a game before it's released. Trust me, you'll have a MUCH better experience!

Don't wish, just do as I do and refrain from watching previews and following a game before it's released. Trust me, you'll have a MUCH better experience!

its not that easy haha, some people just straight up find it impossible to wait. like me with deus ex human revolution, i've been waiting for that game so anxiously i've eaten up every bit of preview but after playing the leak i've 100% stopped. now that i've basically learned aobut the entire first hub (out of about 4 i think) i can't watch any videos or images for the other ones because that'd completely ruin the game. basically when i get it i'll be going on auto pilot (a fun one though) doing every little aspect of the first hub. skyrim i've had a little more control on (except video, mostly just info and screens) but its really hard even though i wish i could do it with a completely new and fresh slate.

^ I would be too if it were a traditional RPG instead of a puzzle/platformer. It could still be interesting, but what I need is a console Shin Megami Tensei. I hate handhelds, and I wish they weren't so popular in Japan.

I just started playing Shin Megami Tensei (SNES)

I don't know what to think of it. The story is confusing. The game just throws you into the story. Literally, i start the game and I am talking to what appears to be a wall with a face on it. I wake up from the dream and I get a demon program from some dude on my computer. Ok? The entire time i'm trying to figure out what the fuck is going on. They don't give you any back story or explain anything. Alright, streets are blocked off. The only place open is the mall. I need to get coffee for my mom. Hold on! A demon cut some dudes throat? I JUST CAME HERE FOR COFFEE! Everyone is annoying me. Random people appear and tell me about some chick being murdered. Ok and I care, why? Time to bring home coffee to mommy! Oh crap! I'm arrested for murder? Must escape jail! Ok so the guy who invented this demon program is in jail too? He is paralyzed from the neck down? What is he going to do? Run away? Oh yay another dream. I save some girl from a cult and if they kill her, some ultimate demon would appear. What the fuck is going on? This game is getting ridiculous.

The SMT games didn't get good until the PS1. Don't bother. Back then they were bland, dungeon crawling garbage.

331k2g4.jpg

Ah, Persona 2, where you fight Hitler who's wielding the spear that impaled Jesus. I love this series.

started playing hitman blood money today which i got for 2.50 on steam, i totally forgot how fucking hard this game is. i originally didn't really play it much on consoles because of the difficulty/ended up just using cheats and blowing shit away, but actually using all the cool makeshift weapons/opportunities on the map and getting everything done is really hard since the ai can be pretty smart for this old of a game (though i do get dumb luck sometimes). considering this is 2007 i can't wait for Hitman: Absolution. with the modern graphics, stealth mechanics, physics, ability to make more makeshift weapons, i can't imagine what awesome things they can pull off and i hope it comes out sooner rather than later.

edit: just read that they're not including the voice for hitman, diana or the person who has done the score for all the games? WHAT THE FUCK. square taking over is really raping the shit out of this game. it's odd because i think what they're doing with dxhr (aside from 3rd person cover, but i don't mind) is great, yet this is an awful decision. the actor for 47 (dave bateson) is what the characters apperance is modeled after, and he's done the voice for all of the games. i can't imagine a new game with a new face modeled (even if it is another bald dude) and a new voice (even if it is monotone) considering once you make a character a certain way, it's just not right to change it. i can honestly say that i will not be buying the game if he's not doing the voice and they're just going to turn it into some linear sequence action game with some assassinations and typical orchestral music while having him run all over the globe killing random dudes to find some super great revelation. fuck, there goes one of my favorite series into another typical action/shooter game with a bit of stealth.

wow I know I shouldn't have but thanks for getting my hopes up ya jerk :lol: I won't even bother with that considering it'd just be more potential spoilers/wouldn't be my game